Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Who has had a tougher schedule than the 'Skins this year?

smartestmaninamerica

We only played three lamers (SF, Oakland, Cards) and one moderately good team (the Rams - hey they beat up Dallas) all season.

That means 12 games against tough teams including 5 against DIVISION WINNERS. I am not including the Eagles in the lamers category because I think they are still a good team and would have had a much better record if they played in the Bucs Division, for instance.

So, we are playing in the TOUGHEST DIVISION in football, we are playing WINNERS, we don't lose a single game by more than 7 points (other than the Giants debacle) and we are ahead in the 4th quarter of every single game we lost.

Who else in the NFL can match that?

Of the Division winners, we beat the Bears by 2, lost to the Broncos by 2 (we was robbed!), lost to the Chiefs by 7, Lost to the Bucs by 1 (we was robbed!) and split with the Giants.

Compare this to the MIGHTY COLTS. They played 9 games against teams with HORRIBLE records. They played the Texans 2 times, Titans 2 times, Browns, Rams, Ravens, 49'ers and Cardinals. With that kind of schedule, we might have finished 14-2 as well. Would the Colts have been 14-2 against our schedule? Unlikely.

During the last 5 weeks of the season we OUTSCORED the MIGHTY COLTS 142 - 108 and our MARGIN OF VICTORY was 73 to the Colts 20!

Here are the schedule strengths for all the teams in the NFC Playoffs. Seems like there is a direct correlation (other than us) between ease of schedule and winning:

Team Schedule Rank

Carolina 32th

Giants 14th

Bucs 30th

Seahawks 31th

Bears 29th

Redskins 4th

How's them taters!

The DVOA (Defense-adjusted Value Over Average) ratings that Fox Sports use for their NFL Power Rankings is starting to make more and more sense to me now. We were around the #10 mark most of the season while a lot of the other web pages had us down near 16 or 17.

Right now we're ranked #4.

We only played three lamers (SF, Oakland, Cards) and one moderately good team (the Rams - hey they beat up Dallas) all season.

You're right, the competition of the other playoff contenders was lame this year. We had a tough schedule.

And lets not forget that those 3 lamer teams we beat--St Louis, Arizona & San Francisco--are responsible for 6 of the wins Seattle ended up with this year. SEATTLE IS SO OVER RATED. I can't wait to see them get knocked out of the playoffs.

The only teams I'm worried about are the Bucs and NY. All the other teams we can dominate.

And the Bucs played the 30th hardest schedule! Man and they finished only 11-5? How can anyone pick them over us.

Because of our history against them and the fact that they have home field advantage. Last two losses were 1 point margins. (Even though this season was a ROBBERY of a win).

During the last 5 weeks of the season we OUTSCORED the MIGHTY COLTS 142 - 108 and our MARGIN OF VICTORY was 73 to the Colts 20! QUOTE]

But the Colts were resting starters after they lost their 1st game. They would have outscored us if they didnt have the division locked up. But we did have a tough schedule.

Going into the season, the Chiefs had what appeared to be a very tough schedule. They started at NY and had Philly when they were healthy. They had the Skins, Miami, NE, Denver twice, and Cincinnatti. I think that if the Chargers hadn't been such a letdown this year, KC might have had the toughest schedule. If their kicker hadn't tapped out against Dallas, they might have made it in ahead of the Steelers. As it sits, KC is 10-6 out of the playoffs, and the Skins are 10-6 in the playoffs.

During the last 5 weeks of the season we OUTSCORED the MIGHTY COLTS 142 - 108 and our MARGIN OF VICTORY was 73 to the Colts 20! QUOTE]

But the Colts were resting starters after they lost their 1st game. They would have outscored us if they didnt have the division locked up. But we did have a tough schedule.

I believe the Colts resting their starters is a HUGE mistake. They are sure to come out flat.

Going into the season, the Chiefs had what appeared to be a very tough schedule. They started at NY and had Philly when they were healthy. They had the Skins, Miami, NE, Denver twice, and Cincinnatti. I think that if the Chargers hadn't been such a letdown this year, KC might have had the toughest schedule. If their kicker hadn't tapped out against Dallas, they might have made it in ahead of the Steelers. As it sits, KC is 10-6 out of the playoffs, and the Skins are 10-6 in the playoffs.

yeah but skins are 10-2 against the NFC - impressive.

Archived