Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

I Dare to Dream

E-Dog Night

I have dreamed the dream, my friends. Believe me, I have dreamed the dream.

Let's say the Redskins beat Tampa this Saturday. If that happened, they would travel to Seattle, a team which fell earlier this year to the SKins. It will be much tougher this time, because the Seahawks play much better at home than they do on the East Coast, and you need only look at the last 5 games to see that the Skins are a different team on the road. But this is a very winnable game.

Then, it's off to face the Bears at Soldier Field. The Bears have ostensibly found an offense, but I am not convinced that this team knows how to win in the playoffs. Brunell, Portis, Moss & Thrash have all been there before. That gives the Redskins an edge. Assuming the defenses are a wash, the Skins' O makes the difference.

So then we face the Colts in the Super Bowl. It's the Colts year....right? Or is it? If there is any one team that matches up well against the Colts, it's the Redskins. By that time, Shawn Springs will be healthy and will be able to keep Marvin Harrison from going nuts. Reggie Wayne may get a few passes his way, but a quickly maturing Carlos Rogers will keep the damage to a minimum. Walt Harris will be up to the task of covering Brandon Stokley. And our D will probably allow a run or 2 to Edge James, but nothing back breaking.

On offense, you can run on these Colts. They are giving up an average of 110.1 yards a game on the ground, and considering that they get off to big starts and teams ending up passing on them a lot, that's significant. This means that Clinton Portis will be able to get first downs and keep the Colts offense off the field. And that will work beautifully for Brunell's play action passing. If the Colts try to triple team Moss, we'll let James Thrash catch the bombs like he did against Philly.

And remember, Joe Gibbs is a master game planner - and so is Gregg Williams. Give those guys 2 week to prepare for the biggest game of their lives and I wouldn't want to face their team with Montana, Rice, Payton, Lawrence Taylor et al. on my team. Truly a scary proposition.

So it's ok to dream the dream. Every other fan of every other team is doing it too. Someone has to win it all. That someone can be the Redskins.

:helmet:

I don't see the Bears making it that far. Not that it matters though, we can beat any team in the NFC. For that matter the Colts havent really proven that they are primed to be in the super bowl with their past ability to choke in big post season games.

It is this reason why i think that if the skins actually get in the superbowl with the colts, we win. Just like Buffalo in 92.

Wow, it's amazing how quickly threads move to page 2.

And yeah, my scenario of playing the Bears is just 'who are the favorites'. We know we can beat that Giants, although playing them in Jersey is much different than playing them in FeEx. I'd actually like to go to Carolina if I had the choice.

Archived