Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Grossman's a GatorSkin too.

Y'know, it really doesn't matter what we think (and Skins/NFL fans will have a hard time learning this), SOS will get who HE wants to GET (Grossman or not) & shape them into a successful player. It's funny that some Skins fans think that they're out-thinking SOS with their 'knowledge' of the pros or whatever and what's gonna happen-- but with Spurrier at the helm, you are just along for the RIDE. Sit back and enjoy it. Let the man work. As evidenced by Ramsey's performance last night, SOS can crap and make it gold. Ramsey threw ONE solid pass, all the others were DUCKS. Spurrier's calling made him appear better than he is. Made all the difference.

A word of advice for all the brand new Gatorskin posters (<30 posts). Please keep the "Gator" from dominating your posts. We all love Rex, but we all have to remember that most of the posters are not as familiar with Florida's players as we are. they prefer to wait and see.

We are on a REDSKIN board, not a Gator board. If you want Gatorcentric posts, please go to GatorCountry. The Redskins have thousands of deep, loyal fans. they understand the NFL quite well, but need time to get acclimated to Spurrier and his ways. They are slowly believing, but it will still take time.

Leave the Gator-obsession at the door please...

GatorRob,

I read the article about Grossman and his dad in the days following SS's departure and I believe he is "scared" (not meant to demean him) about his future. Grossman asked SS if he would draft him (SS said he had no way to predict that) if he left for the NFL. The article pointed out that Grossman went to UF because of SS and there was a lot of doubt in his mind about the future. I read into the interview to believe that he is conscious that no other Gator QB's have been successful.

I am not trying to take a side in the issue, but I think Art did have a valid point in saying that Grossman is "worried". But then again who wouldn't be.

:cheers:

Thought what Ramsey showed last night was very encouraging. He clearly has a strong arm, good throwing technique, quick release and accuracy. The good thing for him is he won't have to be thrown into a starting position this year. Give him a couple years in the system and should be a fine NFL QB, granted he has the mental capacity.

As far as the Ramsey/Grossman thing, Grossman's only physical liabiliaty might be his heigth. Don't think he's much over 6'0". Do think he has a very similar arm to Ramsey and unlike the of THBC's QB's, Rex will be a 1st round draft pick.

I want to put my 2 cents in here. How do any of us know what the prototypical Qb of the new Millenium is going to be like. For all we know Spurrier is going to drastically change the NFL landscape. More teams will try to emulate his style and the next wave of Qb's may be the smaller, smarter, accuracy over armstrength kinda guys.

I think everyone can agree the man brings excitement back to Football in D.C. If this excitement sells with the fans in terms of ratings and commercial revenue. And it is successful in the "W" column. More teams may think about changing to the East coast Offense.

Rex Grossman is 6' 1", 220 lbs. I think his height is about the same as Joe Montana's (not saying he's going to be the next Joe Montana...just giving a comparison of size). Rex weighs about the same as Troy Aikman does (Troy is taller, though...about 6' 4", I believe).

Rex will start in the NFL. He has ALL the skills necessary to play QB in this league. He has a rifle of an arm, the quickest release in all of college football (very similar to Dan Marino's release), possesses excellent accuracy (has the potential to be similar to Aikman in this respect), has a quick-thinking football mind, excellent toughness (perhaps his greatest attribute), excellent leadership skills, and the mindset of a real winner. He is by far the best QB Florida has ever had and he simply has "it". It is this "it" which separates him from other QB's...you can't define "it" and you can't put it in words, but EVERY great player has "it".

I'm sure Ramsey will be a good QB and I know this isn't a Florida board, so forgive me, but you will see Rex starting in the NFL and he will make his mark before his career is through. Spurrier knows this and you will hear him talk about Rex when the time comes (next year possibly).

Originally posted by THiTo48

lol... i feel like a hit a nerve...

i am sure most of u would agree Wuerffel was the best Gator QB ever under Spurrier's system...

Actually, compare Rex as a redshirt sophmore and Danny as a redshirt sopmore and really Rex is much better than Danny. Not too mention the fact that Rex has a quicker release and a stronger arm.

But anyway the debate is somewhat meaningless, Ramsey is the QB of the future for the Skins and Rex will land somewhere else.

Archived