Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins: Hate us all you want

Washskins81

The Redskins will always be a force in the NFL. Why? Because they love to hate us. If you have been a Redskins fan for as long as I have, then you know what I am talking about.

It is evident in the news. They put our boys down in every article and every commentary. We gotta get up every Sunday and watch Jimmie Johnson's stupid a** pick the other team to win.

It is evident on the field. Every team gets a little extra pumped to play the skins. Rookies have career days against our boys time and time again. How many times have you heard a commentator say "That's a personal record for him" or "This team hasn't done this all season" when someone is playing against us?

It is evident in our lives. Think of any other team in the NFL. Now, compared to skins fans you know, how many fans of those teams do you know? I would gather its a pretty similar number, especially so for teams like the Dallas Cowgirls, the NY Midgets, and the Philadelphia Squeagles (names my 10 year old son believes he came up with for our rivals all on his own, which I don't have the heart to correct him on). I mean, what the hell is a San Diego Chargers fan doing in D.C. telling me my boys suck?

Wherever we go, players, coaches, and fans alike, there is opposition. It has been that way for as long as I can remember. You can't talk about our beloved skins if you are a fan without someone telling you "the Redskins suck" or "Hail to the Deadskins". You can't say a word if you are a player without someone twisting it up into some melodrama. You can't make a move as a coach or owner of this awesome franchise without it being scrutinized to the finest degree.

But, what does all this opposition prove? They love us. They really do love us. They may love to hate us, but when you get right down to it, that adds up to meaning pretty much the same thing. They will watch our boys play, no matter who they are.

I am a fan of some of the most hated and trash talked teams in sports. Some would call that misfortune, but I don't agree.

Let em get pumped up to play my boys.

Let em trash my skins in the papers and on the sports shows.

Let em bet against your Washington Redskins every time.

It just makes victory all the sweeter.

Hail to the Redskins. Glad to be a fan.

The Redskins will always be a force in the NFL. Why? Because they love to hate us. If you have been a Redskins fan for as long as I have, then you know what I am talking about.

It is evident in the news. They put our boys down in every article and every commentary. We gotta get up every Sunday and watch Jimmie Johnson's stupid a** pick the other team to win.

It is evident on the field. Every team gets a little extra pumped to play the skins. Rookies have career days against our boys time and time again. How many times have you heard a commentator say "That's a personal record for him" or "This team hasn't done this all season" when someone is playing against us?

It is evident in our lives. Think of any other team in the NFL. Now, compared to skins fans you know, how many fans of those teams do you know? I would gather its a pretty similar number, especially so for teams like the Dallas Cowgirls, the NY Midgets, and the Philadelphia Squeagles (names my 10 year old son believes he came up with for our rivals all on his own, which I don't have the heart to correct him on). I mean, what the hell is a San Diego Chargers fan doing in D.C. telling me my boys suck?

Wherever we go, players, coaches, and fans alike, there is opposition. It has been that way for as long as I can remember. You can't talk about our beloved skins if you are a fan without someone telling you "the Redskins suck" or "Hail to the Deadskins". You can't say a word if you are a player without someone twisting it up into some melodrama. You can't make a move as a coach or owner of this awesome franchise without it being scrutinized to the finest degree.

But, what does all this opposition prove? They love us. They really do love us. They may love to hate us, but when you get right down to it, that adds up to meaning pretty much the same thing. They will watch our boys play, no matter who they are.

I am a fan of some of the most hated and trash talked teams in sports. Some would call that misfortune, but I don't agree.

Let em get pumped up to play my boys.

Let em trash my skins in the papers and on the sports shows.

Let em bet against your Washington Redskins every time.

It just makes victory all the sweeter.

Hail to the Redskins. Glad to be a fan.

This 1st sentence made me a do a double take. "The Redskins will always be a force in the NFL"

Really? I'm a huge Redskin fan but come on, the last 13 years we've been a damn door mat.

This 1st sentence made me a do a double take. "The Redskins will always be a force in the NFL"

Really? I'm a huge Redskin fan but come on, the last 13 years we've been a damn door mat.

well, 12 years, considering we lost by one to none other than Tampa in '99.........but whatever, I would rather argue with opposing fans than with supposed fans of the skins, so if no one else likes what I had to say, then i'm sure you will tell me about it, LOL

Reguardless of possible spending habits that could have been similar, please don't ever compare the Yanks to the Skins again. I can only throw up so much a year and I used it all up after reading a comparison between the two.

My ribs are killng me now.

If it one thing that i have noticed when coach gibbs was with us before the media had alot more respect for us. There are some that think that the respect left our orgainaztion when he left.

I think that was a factor but i really think that things really rolled down hill when Jack Cooke died. The media never excepted a young owner flying in and taking the reigns because he was megga rich and try to build on that legacy.

Now we have stumbled and made some bad mistakes but none of them came without the media blowing alot of it out of perportion. Over the last ten years its been easy to rip on the skins and it always makes for good reading because, lets face it..........its a pro cowboy world out there ladies and gents. People need their hero's and hero's need their door mats. To some of these guys its fun to rip on the skins and others have been doing it so long they don't know any different.

This was one of the reasons why Gibbs came back. The tradition that he built on in washington was being wasted away and he was in a possition professionaly to do something about it.

You might as well get used to it, beat writers of the world. There is a new standard in Washington. Some of the old school mixed with the new to establish what was lost before.......our sense of redskin pride.

So start circling your wagons doubters of the world, the redskins are on the warpath and they are thirsty for victory.

Reguardless of possible spending habits that could have been similar, please don't ever compare the Yanks to the Skins again. I can only throw up so much a year and I used it all up after reading a comparison between the two.

My ribs are killng me now.

Unbelievable.....I love how people miss the entire point of what someone is trying to say......sorry bout your ribs dude, put some ice on em

this part is so true. i watch most of the games w/ my father-in-law and we talk about this all the time. seems that there are a lot of "firsts" against us.

Archived