Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Would winning the SB change....

trimee

Okay quick poll-

Would winning the Superbowl change anything about the LaVar situation? Does he stay? ESPECIALLY-if he starts blowing up and performs throughout the playoffs like he did against the 49's?

I dont know but he better play awesome after that lil act with the press lol. I do hope he makes up for it for the sake of this team and us fans and to be honest, I just dont trust his backups against the best backs in the NFL we will be facing in the Playoffs.

If anything, I think winning the Super Bowl might accelerate LaVar's departure. Think about it, the Redskins would become the number 1 free agent destination next offseason, like the Patriots were when they got all those good players at a discount. So the Redskins would be able, in theory, to find someone to plug the hole that would be left by LaVar for considerably less cap space.

Only one thing is going to keep LaVar in Washington, and that is if he comes back after considerably reworking his contract, or if the Skins cut him and resign him. If he plays like a Pro Bowler in the postseason he may very well convince the Redskins staff to keep him on. On the other hand, he might also find that he could make a lot more money elsewhere.

I would have to say let him go. We played a lot of games without him. We dont absolutely need him.

I go to the T.O. situation where he caused so much dissention among the team, but now LaVar has a chance to do the same thing and it's been so long since we were as good as we are now.

Yes, he is a good player, and that was highlighted when we didnt have a top ranked defense. Now, from what I've heard, he is trying to create plays by himself and gets one now and again but gives up big plays too by missing assignments.

:2cents:

Now, can we quit with the LaVar threads?

The only possible way LaVar would stay is if he lives up to his word to retire a Skin, renegotiates his contract, signs a long-term, cap-friendly deal and promises never to mention that dastardly 6.5 million again.

Unfortunately, I just don't see it happening. :(

Honestly. Who friggin cares. The guy is one player and I'm really tired of this drama.

For the Redskins to win the superbowl it is going to take a lot more than any one player, even Lavar, can bring.

If the Redskins win the superbowl Lavar, and his situation, will probably be the last thing on my mind.

Archived