Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Larry Michael Column from Redskins.com...

praise_gibbs

I received this in an email so I appoligize for not having a link. I'd imagine it would be on Redskins.com. I lightly searched for this, so if it was already posted I'm sorry.

By Larry Michael

The players and coaches, the fans, the front office: together we form a triangle that gives shape to the Redskins franchise. Together we relish the celebration of victory provides and the pain of defeat. This week's column is about the point on the triangle that deserves recognition and celebration: you the fans.

Coach Gibbs reminds me how important our fans are every time he talks about the Redskins. Check out the Coach's interviews on Redskins.com TV! In every locker room interview after a home game, without fail, the first credit Coach Gibbs gives, win or lose, is the rock-solid support you, our fans, provide.

Rock-solid doesn't begin to capture the support the team had on Christmas Eve. The game set an attendance record with 90,588 fans cheering the Redskins on. Rock-solid doesn't capture the emotion two weeks ago when Randy Thomas broke his ankle. The fans went crazy cheering his name and showing their appreciation as he was being carted off the field.

By the way, did you know Clinton Portis needs 29 yards rushing to break the team rushing record (1432 yards set by Stephen Davis in 2001)?

Did you know Santana Moss is second in the NFL with 1400 receiving yards and tied for first in the NFL in third down receiving, and with 36 yards, he breaks Bobby Mitchell's receiving yardage record set back in 1963?

And finally, did you know that our 6-2 home record is our best since 1999? Hail to the Redskins and on to Philly!

Is it just me or does this get you pumped for the game!! And I still get chills thinking about The Randy chants, that was one of the most amazing things that I was apart of. That and witnessing the sweep of the Cowpukes first hand :cheers:

Archived