Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Wash Times did this before

StevieInferior

In 1999, right before the playoffs, The WT broke a story that it had inside knowledge that Norv turner was going to quit after the season regardless of how far we went in the playoffs citing unnamed sources close to Norv. Some of you may remeber this striking a huge controversy. I only bring this up given the current Lavar situation and how interesting it is to me that the timing is so oh so similar to the 99 Norv story that ended up having no merit.

Granted Lavar's "I'm a victim of the media" history combined w/ direct quotes should give the WT some benefit of the doubt...two controversies from the same paper right before the playoffs, is interesting to me. god this whole Lavar thing will make a great made for TV movie one day.

^^ you actually believe that? he didn't produce anything at all while he was with us? Are you kidding me? 3 pro bowls? Means naught? Have you seen tackle people before he got injured? Just because he got injured and hasn't had a full year of being himself you're calling him a poor draft pick? Pathetic. Come on man, that's horrible. The guy was a beast. A great #2 pick, and if he hadnt injured himself you would have married him if he asked you to (even if it's for the money ;)). But I'm just saying, he was NOT a poor draft pick...don't get hyped into the media frenzy. They're fools.

^^ you actually believe that? he didn't produce anything at all while he was with us? Are you kidding me? 3 pro bowls? Means naught? Have you seen tackle people before he got injured? Just because he got injured and hasn't had a full year of being himself you're calling him a poor draft pick? Pathetic. Come on man, that's horrible. The guy was a beast. A great #2 pick, and if he hadnt injured himself you would have married him if he asked you to (even if it's for the money ;)). But I'm just saying, he was NOT a poor draft pick...don't get hyped into the media frenzy. They're fools.

I wouldn't say that he was a poor draft pick, but what did his 3 probowls do for the team. What playoff games did they get us too, hell what winning seasons did they produce, I am so sick and tired of people out there throwing the fact that Arrington made 3 probowls as a reason for his staying. Lavar may have great talent, but just cause he made himself a star and things were all about him and people praising him, and him reaching personal career goals does not mean that he has done anything in the way of helping us win.

interesting fact, we had a winning season (untill this year) with Lavar on the team, I don't think he was a waste of a draft pick, but he hasn't helped us go anywhere either, and the fact that people are turning on him now is only because people are starting to realize that he is not the difference in winning and losing but the coaching staff is. Lavar made his comments and I have no doubt that he intended this to be reported after the season, and that the Times reporter probobly even told him such. I even would venture to say that he may have been misquoted also. But the facts remain that he seems upset that LAVAR is not the center of attention, either from the coaches or the media or the fans anymore, and guess what, now he is.

I have been a LA fan since college. but I can clearly say this. I trust our organization. if they feel LA has passed his prime and has been nothing but a DIVA here. Than its time to move on. I think he has had a decent career. but nothing amazing where you go he is the franchise player. shoot..Portis and Moss look more franchise than LA ever did. And I support LA this is hard to admit. He is just too damn emotional over really nothing. its a TEAM GAME. When LA learns that. He might be a hall of famer oneday. if not..he'll be another Andre collins to us all one day. kinda sad.

I wouldn't say that he was a poor draft pick, but what did his 3 probowls do for the team. What playoff games did they get us too, hell what winning seasons did they produce, I am so sick and tired of people out there throwing the fact that Arrington made 3 probowls as a reason for his staying. Lavar may have great talent, but just cause he made himself a star and things were all about him and people praising him, and him reaching personal career goals does not mean that he has done anything in the way of helping us win.

interesting fact, we had a winning season (untill this year) with Lavar on the team, I don't think he was a waste of a draft pick, but he hasn't helped us go anywhere either, and the fact that people are turning on him now is only because people are starting to realize that he is not the difference in winning and losing but the coaching staff is. Lavar made his comments and I have no doubt that he intended this to be reported after the season, and that the Times reporter probobly even told him such. I even would venture to say that he may have been misquoted also. But the facts remain that he seems upset that LAVAR is not the center of attention, either from the coaches or the media or the fans anymore, and guess what, now he is.

One player can't win it for us. Losing hurt him just as much as it hurts me or you. I remember a time, not too long ago where Lavar almost turned our season around. (lost 5 in a row, then won five.) Not to mention the coaching changes etc that didn't help anything. Its a shame that Lavars injury happened at a time where we finally have stability and success. It sucks this situation had to go down like this, Lavar wants to be a Redskin.

Pro-Bowls are NOT the end-all be-all. Look who made the pro-bowl this year. Jonathan Ogden? Have you seen how poor his play has been this year? Roy Williams? He made the pro-bowl on reputation.

Yes, there have been times when he floored people with a tackle, but I've seen him miss untold tackles by being out of position. He has all the ability in the world but cant transition that to the field most times. He has NEVER eclipsed 100 tackles in a season. He's missed 16 games the last 2 seasons. Take a look at the talent who was drafted after him.

And look at what he's doing now. He's putting the focus on himself rather than a huge game this weekend. If he were truely so great, don't you think the coaching staff would play him more often?

Check your homerism at the door and look at the facts.

I never thought my 1000th post would be to slam Lavar, but there you have it.

Archived