Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

All-time favorite Redskin QB (14 choices)

MidPennSkin

Eddie LeBaron played for the Skins in the 1950s, and he was 5'7" and 165 lbs, but he was a ball-handling wizard. He once faked a play-action handoff, the back ran into the line, the refs blew the whistle, play stopped, and everyone looked around for the ball. Then it turned out that LeBaron still had it, 10 yards behind the LOS, waiting for his receivers to continue their routes. Not sure if they gave the team the down back. He was a master of deception. He was a good but not great QB, and the teams he played for never did much.

I have to go with Trent Green, as he has alwasy been a favorite of mine since watching him first in preseason. He also made a horrible season in 1998, that started out with seven losses, bearable.

I was reaslly upset when he left and have been a fan of his still to this day, even though he no longer plays for the Redskins. I like the others too and am greatful and respectful of all that they have done, but for some reason I just have more of a connection with Trent from the time when he took over, to bring us some hope in an utterly dismal season.

Brunell and Ramsey may soon surpass him thugh, since I have really rooted for Ramsey a lot over the past few years with all that he has had to go through and since Brunell has always been at the top of my list of favorite non-Redskins qbs before he came here. (though he was embarassingly bad last year, I am really feeling good for him again this year)

I had to pick Brad Johnson. I still wear his jersey, partly because I still like him as a player and partly because I'm cheap I guess. The poor guy got a raw deal in DC and in Tampa. He would have fit just as well as Brunell in Gibbs run first ball-control offense. He can throw the check down and the long ball accurate. I remember the year we went to the playoffs. Howie Long was going on and on one Sunday about how good the Skins offense was, that they were a scoring machine and how Brad had not thrown an INT in x number of games, but many TD's. I know Sonny was great but he was before my time. And I can't stand Joe (master of the 2yd punt) Theismann.

Archived