Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Sammuels haters! How many sacks did he give up?

mcarey032

The only thing hatin' here is your spelling of his name. Samuels.

He showed great athleticism and kept ol' umenyora in check. We've got many years to look forward to of the Umenyora vs Samuels battle, seeing as they both are locked up for a long time by their respective teams.

I guess you are not getting the point. I really don't care about the spelling. What I care about is the fact that the people who were criticizing Chris SAMUELS are not out doing so now. Considering there have been threads in the past about trading him or saying how bad he is or that he doesn't deserve the pro bowl, there is no one here saying anything about how well he did against Umenyora. That is my major gripe. As I have said in the past there, I don't hate chris samuels nor am his defender, but what's right is right and people need to give him props when he does the right thing.

Honestly what the hell do you expect them to do after a win?

Be realistic buddy.

Chris is deserving of his pro bowl nod, but he had bad games this season, just like every other player on the Redskins. He is not immune to criticism. Get over yourself. Why don't you enjoy the victory instead of trying to rub some people's opinions in their face, when they could be perfectly justified.

I am enjoying the victory. All I m saying is that if you have read previous threads you hear about what a terrible tackle he is. Since you are a relative newbie on this board you will see what I am talking about.

Oakton and his gaggle of erudite magpies are digging a hole big enough for all of them to fit in but small enough for the rock they'll use for cover to fit over the hole.

Ok your < 3 months of offseason presence on this board definatley qualify you as much less of a newbie.

I've read the threads. I know what you're talking about. People get irrational after games, but a lot of the times you have to respect what they say. Saying Samuels sucks after the Cheifs game was a legitimate sentiment. He didn't play well. What he DID do was repsond the following games, and late into the season with consistently good play, the mark of a good tackle.

You going out of your way to try to force peopel to eat crow is not only ridiculous, it dampens the mood of a victory. If someone still tries to argue that with you now, they are merely a troll.

Furthermore, Chris can stand to improve on his game, just like the rest of our players.

I don't doubt that players could stand to improve. Who in general couldn't stand to improve? My thing is that I am not a huge Samuels fan. He is good and yes he did have one bad game, but when people say that he is overrated and then he makes the pro bowl and follows up with a shut out against a pro bowl Defensive End, I would like for the people who are quick to jump down his throat recognize that he is a good player and we can't expect perfection everytime. He is great player who has a couple of bad games. His overall body of work deserves recognition that some fans on this board are not willing to observe and would tell you that his making the pro bowl is based on rep or that it is a popularity contest. IMHO, he did more today to dispell the rumor that he was just living off his reputation.

Samuels proved he is coachable and able to break bad habits last season. This season he proved he can play on a consistent high level against quality players, particuarly late in the season, when it really really matters. The guy deserves his accolades, but he needs to work on his ability to accept criticism, I think this is most notable in his chat here on extremeskins, where he gets overly defensive when a fan discusses some of his miscues.

Certainly Chris stepping up has had a huge influence on the last four games, with Randy going down last week, it was an absolute necessity. He shut down the NFC's leading sacker this week, and rather then writing this thread with the desire to attack, it should have be written to compliment Samuels on a great game.

Thats the way I see it anyways.

I don't know much about him fielding criticism from fans and addressing it publicly. All I would add is that I think that a lot of fans who are out there are just going to hate Chris Samuels no matter what he does. I guess though that there are similar threads involving Clinton Portis and the like and their abilities. This thread was more to give Chris props and show that he is deserving of the accolades. I would question his selection if he did not have a good game the past few weeks ( This week included). All in all I am happy with the win, but I would when someone who does the right thing and does it well and is still blasted by critics, well I feel that I have to stand up and say what's right.

Come on man, Umenyora is the real deal.

Jansen is not as talented as Samuels anyways, Jansen just works incredibly hard. Sameuls is incredibly athletic. Look at what he did all season long on the slip screens. It's amazing how fast his big self can get out and block.

There's no question that Strahan is a talented end, but I think Umenyora is the tougher assignment this game, particuarly the day after he gets blood money in the form of a contract extension.

Ok your < 3 months of offseason presence on this board definatley qualify you as much less of a newbie.

I've read the threads. I know what you're talking about. People get irrational after games, but a lot of the times you have to respect what they say. Saying Samuels sucks after the Cheifs game was a legitimate sentiment. He didn't play well. What he DID do was repsond the following games, and late into the season with consistently good play, the mark of a good tackle.

You going out of your way to try to force peopel to eat crow is not only ridiculous, it dampens the mood of a victory. If someone still tries to argue that with you now, they are merely a troll.

Furthermore, Chris can stand to improve on his game, just like the rest of our players.

There's a big difference in saying a player like Samuels sucks for a certain game as opposed to sucking overall. At any rate, Jared Allen, the guy who got to him in the KC game indicated that he was able to pick up on the 'Skins snap count. He did so by remember what he picked up on film and the fact that, because the KC game was a road game in a loud stadium, he only went with one snap count. That issue was taken up at length by Brian Mitchell the next Monday. He stated that if Gibbs keeps going with one snap count on the road, they'll be continuing to pay for it in the future.

That's not the point, though. Samuels once again proved why he's a top OT and why he was not a reputation pick for the Pro-Bowl. Funny how we don't see any of his haters owning up to that.

Come on man, Umenyora is the real deal.

Jansen is not as talented as Samuels anyways, Jansen just works incredibly hard. Sameuls is incredibly athletic. Look at what he did all season long on the slip screens. It's amazing how fast his big self can get out and block.

There's no question that Strahan is a talented end, but I think Umenyora is the tougher assignment this game, particuarly the day after he gets blood money in the form of a contract extension.

Osi is the real deal and Samuels did a whale of a job keeping him out of Brunell's way. The specific point here isn't that Samuels shut him out, Samuels DOMINATED him.

I am in 100% agreement that Samuels deserves his commendations. There should not be any Samuels bashing going on now, 4 weeks in a row he's played very well, any attacks are unjustified. And for people who do otherwise, its merely troll activity, but it should be expected that it's goign to happen.

I think mcarey stated it best, it happens with Portis and Arrington too. Sometimes the overly ignorant comments should just be ignored though.

Congratulations to Samuels for a great game this week, the guy stepped his game up and it was vital in this weeks victory.

1 game does not qualify for someone being overrated. He had one bad game against the chiefs. Look at what happened when Jon Jansen left Lance Briggs unblocked in the bears game. He knocked out Patrick Ramsey. I am not criticizing Jansen. I think that they are both great tackles. But when people come on and say that the Samuels is overrated and made the pro bowl and the follows up with a shut out, well I got defend a guy who goes out and backs up what he does. Oh and Umenyora is not really the easy assignment in this one. He is a speed guy similar to Allen of Kansas City, so I would say that he has improved since then.

Naw I definatley agree with what you're saying mcarey, without a question any criticism of Samuels, now, would just be stupid. The guy is playing at a consistently high level with some nagging injuries.

And he certainly did shut down umenyora, which really really impressed me, because umenyora, imo, is a special guy and a great find by the Giants organization, as much as I hate to admit it.

Inevitable I agree with you as well. People just get out of control when it comes to posting and I think that sometimes people say things without looking up stats. I guess that is my problem with people who want to bash Chris Samuels or any other redskin. If you have the numbers, then so be it. I am willing to look. But when it comes to unsupported opinions then I have no respect for that.

Oakton and his gaggle of erudite magpies are digging a hole big enough for all of them to fit in but small enough for the rock they'll use for cover to fit over the hole.

Listening to the pre-game show on JFK on my way to the game this morning around 11:00. David Elfin, sports columnist with The Washington Times and President of the Pro Football Writers Association, was interviewed by Larry Michaels. Larry asked him about his thoughts on the Pro Bowl results overall, and for the 'Skins in particular. His response to the selection of Samuels: "Samuels really hasn't had a great season" and "there are better, more deserving 'Skins I can think of". Why? Mostly because he's inconsistency. He was actually surprised that CS was selected, and referenced an article appearing in last Wed.'s Times discussing his thoughts on the Pro Bowl. He never even mentioned CS...

http://www.washingtontimes.com/sports/20051220-114658-7707r.htm

There are many other sports journalists out there who feel that CS is overrated. And that's my point: he's overrated and overpaid. I like at him at a certain level of compensation, but at his current pay he does not present a good value.

Yeah, but I'm the only one who feels this way. "Professional" and "reputable" negative or less than favorable opinions of CS do not exist, etc.

Honestly, you should do the world a favor and get a vasectomy. Hope it's not too late....

Listening to the pre-game show on JFK on my way to the game this morning around 11:00. David Elfin, sports columnist with The Washington Times and President of the Pro Football Writers Association, was interviewed by Larry Michaels. Larry asked him about his thoughts on the Pro Bowl results overall, and for the 'Skins in particular. His response to the selection of Samuels: "Samuels really hasn't had a great season" and "there are better, more deserving 'Skins I can think of". Why? Mostly because he's inconsistency. He was actually surprised that CS was selected, and referenced an article appearing in last Wed.'s Times discussing his thoughts on the Pro Bowl. He never even mentioned CS...

http://www.washingtontimes.com/sports/20051220-114658-7707r.htm

There are many other sports journalists out there who feel that CS is overrated. And that's my point: he's overrated and overpaid. I like at him at a certain level of compensation, but at his current pay he does not present a good value.

Yeah, but I'm the only one who feels this way. "Professional" and "reputable" negative or less than favorable opinions of CS do not exist, etc.

Honestly, you should do the world a favor and get a vasectomy. Hope it's not too late....

RE - TAR - DED.

Yeah, sports journalists. I guess they qualify as much as reputable talent evaluation services, right? Those journalists are right up there with GMs like Beathard, huh? Man, you're an absolute dunce. Yeah, I also heard a couple of high school coaches saying how they thought that Samuels was great.

Did I fall for that logical fallacy of "argumentum ad logicum"?

LMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:stupid:

And, if I do get a vasectomy, you won't be able to have any siblings. Ever consider that?

Tell you what guys. If this thing is already going down the personal attacks road, then it need not go any further. I've seen you boys do this before and it gets damned old. Now before the mods take notice of this nonsense how about you guys knock it off. It's against the rules and it's just childish.

RE - TAR - DED.

Yeah, sports journalists. I guess they qualify as much as reputable talent evaluation services, right? Those journalists are right up there with GMs like Beathard, huh? Man, you're an absolute dunce. Yeah, I also heard a couple of high school coaches saying how they thought that Samuels was great.

Did I fall for that logical fallacy of "argumentum ad logicum"?

LMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:stupid:

And, if I do get a vasectomy, you won't be able to have any siblings. Ever consider that?

You mean outdated scouting reports? You mean the head of the PFWA which plays an integral part in the Hall of Fame selections?

You are such a hypocrite.

What a crime that your momma failed to swallow.

Archived