Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Michel Vick is Over rated..

dinzelwashington

Ok.. just cause he runs the ball better than brunell makes vick a probowler and not brunell.. other than that, vick qb rating is in the low 70s while brunells is at around 87... vick 12 tds and 11 ints vs brunells 20 tds and 8 ints... vicks team is 8-6, and so is brunells..vick is good but when it comes to probowlers, doesnt it matter by the numbers.. it shows how much mediocre america is...sux... when will the redskins get the respect we deserve?????

I understand totally what you're saying. There are certainly other QBs who could have gone, namely Mark Brunell. I think they chose Michael Vick because of his athleticism and running ability. Sure, I've seen him drop back to pass and look for his receivers downfield but not often. I'm not hating on him at all. If he's chosen to be an All Pro then there has to be a reason for it.

Thats why they have been saying maybe the better QB is not running things in Atlanta.....cause Schaub has shown that he is an accurate passer, and, he may not be as fast as Vick, but he can run too. Brunell should have totally gone to the pro bowl......I can think of a few other guys too, but I don't wanna start complaining when we are so close to the playoffs I can taste it.......GO SKINS

Ok.. just cause he runs the ball better than brunell makes vick a probowler and not brunell.. other than that, vick qb rating is in the low 70s while brunells is at around 87... vick 12 tds and 11 ints vs brunells 20 tds and 8 ints... vicks team is 8-6, and so is brunells..vick is good but when it comes to probowlers, doesnt it matter by the numbers.. it shows how much mediocre america is...sux... when will the redskins get the respect we deserve?????

you put up a good argument but bottom line is, nobody is buying brunells jersey at foot locker, mike vick on the other hand sells the most jerseys of any player. the probowl is a popularity contest, a bit of a money making opportunity for the NFL.

Mike Vick isn't overrated. Mike Vick does something that nobody at his position can do. So he isn't your typical quarterback, but he adds another dimension. Plus think about this when Mike Vick is on the field his team wins, when not they don't. Who ever thinks that ATL is a better team when Shaaub (QB for VA), is on the field, has to be kidding themselves. Vick wins games. So he's not Peyton Manning, but Peyton Manning ain't him. Mark Brunell isn't close to Vick. I'm speaking as a skins fan. I'd take Vick in a second. Don't forget stats aren't everything. Mike Vick doesn't has a Santana Moss, TO, R. Moss, or a Marv. Vick is the glitch at the QB position. So don't judge him on his stats. Teams game plan for Vick period. He stresses D'fenses out the most. Don't hate because he's not your typical QB. Ask yourself one question when you compare Brunell and Vick pro-bowl controversy: "Who's more valuable to their team?" It's really an easy question to answer.

Mike Vick isn't overrated. Mike Vick does something that nobody at his position can do. So he isn't your typical quarterback, but he adds another dimension. Plus think about this when Mike Vick is on the field his team wins, when not they don't. Who ever thinks that ATL is a better team when Shaaub (QB for VA), is on the field, has to be kidding themselves. Vick wins games. So he's not Peyton Manning, but Peyton Manning ain't him. Mark Brunell isn't close to Vick. I'm speaking as a skins fan. I'd take Vick in a second. Don't forget stats aren't everything. Mike Vick doesn't has a Santana Moss, TO, R. Moss, or a Marv. Vick is the glitch at the QB position. So don't judge him on his stats. Teams game plan for Vick period. He stresses D'fenses out the most. Don't hate because he's not your typical QB. Ask yourself one question when you compare Brunell and Vick pro-bowl controversy: "Who's more valuable to their team?" It's really an easy question to answer.

So what happens when Vick is unable to do the most basic thing a QB is asked to do (PASS THE BALL) ? The Falcons lose, and they've been doing so for weeks because Vick is unable to hit his WRs. All that running around got them to 8-6 and in danger of missing the playoffs. Good job, Vick!

Mike Vick is a joke of a QB, and Drew Bledsoe, Mark Brunell, and hell EVEN ELI deserve to go before him. Im not real thrilled with the Delhomme selection either.

Well stats aren't everything. When Vick first came into the league I think the hype was well deserved he was an amazing talent both running and arm strength. I don't think he's developed as fast as people expected though. He still has more potential than any qb in the league, but I don't think he should have gone to the pro bowl this year.

Yeah I think it's safe to say Vick is overrated. He has thrown 12 INT's to 13 touchdown passes, has fumbled 10 times and been sacked 26 times. He has completed 54% of his passes. His passer rating is 71.8. :laugh:

He has never finished a season higher than 26th in passing or 19th in rushing and he is the highest paid player in the league!!!

But the Vick apologists claim that despite all that he is a winner. What is there to say when the Falcons miss the playoffs this year and the Skins go in?

So what happens when Vick is unable to do the most basic thing a QB is asked to do (PASS THE BALL) ? The Falcons lose, and they've been doing so for weeks because Vick is unable to hit his WRs. All that running around got them to 8-6 and in danger of missing the playoffs. Good job, Vick!

Mike Vick is a joke of a QB, and Drew Bledsoe, Mark Brunell, and hell EVEN ELI deserve to go before him. Im not real thrilled with the Delhomme selection either.

Eli isn't close to Vick. You can hate all you want, but the difference between all them and Vick is... Vick is a winner. When Vick steps on that field it doesn't matter who they play that team has a chance to win. You can't say that about those QB's. Like I said. Mark Brunell has Santana, Drew Bledsoe has a former pro-bowler in Terry Glenn, and Eli has Plaxico Burress, and Vick has Alge, ooops he's a tight end, I mean Jenkins, oops I mean R. White. Look at the circumstances before you go off hating on Vick.

No crap hes overrated, but he got his team to the NFC championship last year. Dont trash the guy until they start consistently losing.

now if you want to talk about overrated, Alex Smith is a flop!

This is foolish....the guy is a rookie on the worst team in the league, and thrown to the wolves you cant say he is a bust in less then one season.

That is just nonsense.

As far as Vick, he is a great athlete, but he isnt a great or even good QB. He is reggie bush with a better arm, thats it. Yes he gives them a chance to win and i respect that and his ability. But if he stands in the pocket and doesnt run, he is terrible. Its pretty plain and simple.

And while there might be more to it then stats, the pro bowl isnt based on athleticism is based on production and this year Vick doesnt have any.

He's been overrated since his days at Virginia Tech. Vick sat for the first year so that he could "learn the system" in the NFL. So, when Vick finally gets his shot, it turns out that he doesn't know the system. He still has to scramble around all the time. Well, maybe the next season, right? Nope...and it it continues to this day. The guy does not know the game of football and now that defenses are figuring out how to stop his scrambling, he has nothing to fall back on. Sorry, Mike, you might want to learn how a quarterback plays in the NFL.

no way is vick overated

everybody knows he is fast, and is a playmaker

everyone knows he is absolutely garbage in the pocket

and everyone knows the only reason he is in the pro bowl is because the pro bowl is like a fashion show

to showcase the nfl

whats more flashy?

a consistent brunell, or a exciting vick?

and as for vick being a winner, how can you be a winner when youre out of the playoffs?

im sorry

dont get it

Archived