Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Please don't post anything from this site.

REDSKINGATOR11

Anybody can post anything they want obviously but please look at it closely when you do. The following is an article that has been posted as a topic on extremskins and CPND: http://www.profootballtalk.com/rumormill.cfm

Please go to the site and email the person who wrote this. You will notice that the email address is profootballtalk@aol.com. @aol.com or translated means that this is some no name who is sitting in his dorm room posting on a webpage he created on aol.

Total CRAP!:puke: :puke: :puke:

I haven't heard any of that stuff either...

I thought he disproved alot of those rumours like:

The news should come as no surprise. Spurrier makes no bones about his desire to not work very hard, that football is still just a game.

:doh:

I disagree.

He's just a viable as any hack writer. What makes you think others have "creditable" info. Just because they work for a newspaper or network does not limit thier 'spin' on a lead. This guy that writes here does it for free, The guys that get paid HAVE to write something to catch the readers eye, therefore may be more apt to outright lie.

They all suck (media) so it doesn't really matter :) What we see on the scoreboard by the end of the season is all you really need to know anyway. For entertainment purposes they do provide conversation, but that's about it.

Originally posted by One Dollar

I disagree.

He's just a viable as any hack writer. What makes you think others have "creditable" info. Just because they work for a newspaper or network does not limit thier 'spin' on a lead. This guy that writes here does it for free, The guys that get paid HAVE to write something to catch the readers eye, therefore may be more apt to outright lie.

They all suck (media) so it doesn't really matter :) What we see on the scoreboard by the end of the season is all you really need to know anyway. For entertainment purposes they do provide conversation, but that's about it.

Ain't THAT the truth!! I've never seen a lazier bunch of idiots in my life. They make NO effort to try to understand his perspective a little deeper. How hard is it to say, "Yeah well the Redskins will win a few low-scoring games, but will never get much better until Spurrier adapts his gameplan to the run game and gets a better QB..." Cha-Ching!! Easy Money!!

How can I be a sports reporter? Easiest job in the friggin' world!

SIZE=4]DO SOME DAMN HOMEWORK, PEOPLE!!![/size]

HTTR!!:cheers:

Let me clear the air. I dislike most all of the media. However, when Chris Mortenson says that a league insider told him this or that, I truly believe someone said something.

When some hack posting from his dorm room says a league insider says this or that, it is total Bull#$@#.

:pint: :puke:

Guys, Guys.......

The article is true..... but spun in a negative light.

SS DOES let Marvin Lewis do alot more than most other assistant coaches. Read just about any article in which SS mentions Lewis and SS will say that He asked Marvin if they should run sprints after practice or something like that. The whole thing is negative only because of the perception..... HERE's how it is positive....

SS totally respects Marvin Lewis and is showing it by allowing him to organize practice in some ways. Who really cares who set up the organizition of practice, I could see SS asking him... Hey Marvin, do you have a practice plan put together from the Ravens?, lets take a look at it.

Remember, College is different from the pros in one major point, the amount of time you are allowed to practice. A good Manager of people will seek out help and ideas where as a Micro Manager will try to have total say over everything..... a la Marty.

I see truth as very positive.

One last point...... the AOL email address is not bogus. AOL is a subscription service and there are quite a few sports writers who have email addresses ending in aol.com. They are paid by aol to write colums each week. If you don't believe me, go on AOL and go to the sports area and then the football area and read most of the articles and you will notice the email addresses end in aol.com.

Archived