Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

GamePlan Swaparoo???

50GutCheck

I recall all the news following that 36-0 debacle about how the Gints gameplanned by reversing all their looks thus confusing our D to think they were going to run a completely different play. I assume most of you do as well.

How does GW gameplan for this?

Should JG run a similar gameplan and basically line up for what is expected then perform the exact opposite?

I would love to see us return the sentiment and do everything the opposite of what is expected (based on past film review)...

:gaintsuck

that is a good question, from what heard and kind of remember, we didn't blitz all that much on Bledsoe the first game, and then, BAM, we brought the heat this last game, so does GW switch up his plan for the Gints?

Supposedly those idiots said that GW takes out your strength and focuses on a teams strenghts and tendencies, does he do the same or really throw them off...whatever he does, I'm pumped because Parcells can game plan, and his team and plan was no match for GW and joe . ...

Our defense is playing at a much higher level. We were playing out of our lanes the first game allowing cutbacks and big plays.

I think the 'skins are at the advantage. Stop Tiki and continue the intermediate passing with Cooley, Royal, Sellers, with the occasional strike to Moss.

Giants will likely Max protect again since it worked so well, so the 'Skins can throw out new zone blitz schemes. It will be tough game no doubt.

Our defense is playing at a much higher level. We were playing out of our lanes the first game allowing cutbacks and big plays.

I think the 'skins are at the advantage. Stop Tiki and continue the intermediate passing with Cooley, Royal, Sellers, with the occasional strike to Moss.

Giants will likely Max protect again since it worked so well, so the 'Skins can throw out new zone blitz schemes. It will be tough game no doubt.

Max protect. The Giants never max protect & never against the Skins. Shockey always runs a pattern that means no max protect. We will leave max protection to the skins. Nobody on your D line creates pressure. Your team does not get a large amount of sacks except for your last game against Dallas so regular protection will be fine. You better Max protect on your side if you want to win.

Max protect. The Giants never max protect & never against the Skins. Shockey always runs a pattern that means no max protect. We will leave max protection to the skins. Nobody on your D line creates pressure. Your team does not get a large amount of sacks except for your last game against Dallas so regular protection will be fine. You better Max protect on your side if you want to win.

Awfully tough talk there fella. As an earlier poster alluded to our pass rush is finally healthy and playing together as a unit. I hope you are right and that the Gints do not go with Max protect, this will allow for another +5 sack game from our D-Line. Oh, and by the way, it sure will be fun to watch Shockey on this weeks "Jacked-Up"...courtesy of one Sean Taylor.

This will not be the same team you faced (and destroyed) last October...just ask Dallas ;)

I think from a run defense perspective, it's about the front seven staying in their gaps and keeping their assignments. I believe their gameplanning on us the first game resulted in finding a tendancy in our backside pursuit and then using that against us. Barber's big runs were cut backs in which our pursuit had overcommitted, leaving him huge lanes to run through.

Tiki's not running for 200 against us Sat. night, which means Eli is going to have to beat us with his arm. Stuff Tiki... force Eli to perform... let him make the mistakes he's been making the last 6 games but getting away with them due to Tiki's MVP effort... and we can make this game exciting. Good execution from our offense like against Dallas and we may give them all they can handle.

Giants are an average team on the road (and that's probably being generous). Just like the Cowboys. Throwing out the "road" game against the Saints, they're 2-3, with their wins coming against SF and a squeeker against the powerful Eagles. Against Seattle they let the crowd get to them so much that they had 10 false starts and 3 missed FGs. Nobody is mistaking Seattle's crowd for Fedex. They will be discombobulated and intimidated. Mark my words.

Archived