Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins Defense--Super-Bowl Caliber!!!

cakmoney61

Although they are ranked #8, the Redskins have a "Top 3" defense in my opinion. These are the offensive rankings of the teams they have played and will play this year:

1, 2, 5, 6, 7 (twice), 9, 10, 14 (twice), 15, (twice), 19, 24, 29, and 32.

My goodness, 12 of their games have been against the top 15 offenses in the league and this defense is still ranked 8th in the NFL! It's difficult to get a lot of turnovers against the best offenses in the league.

Most people think last year's defense was better, but they have played much better offenses week in and week out this year.

BOTTOM LINE: This is a Super Bowl-caliber defense!!!! Hail to the Redskins!!!

I don't pay much attention to yardage statistics and rankings. The only stat I consider reliable is the points for and points against differential and even that one has to be adjusted for strength of schedule.

You are correct that the teams on our schedule have, with only a couple of exceptions, been more proficient on offense. The statistical result has been that our defense has been generally underrated and our offense overrated.

The offense, while improved over 2004, has been wildly inconsistent. The defense, while it has regressed somewhat, is still playing at a very high level.

Gregg Williams and the defense get my game ball against Dallas. He stressed getting to Bledsoe since they didn't sack him once in the first game and they got him 7 TIMES!!! Now we got Tiki and the Giants next week and remember he ran all over us in the first game. They made the adjustment against the Cowboys. Will they be able to stop Tiki and beat the Giants? That's the big test. If they come out with the energy they had agianst the Cowboys and don't let up. We'll be taking about the Super Bowl in the next few wks. Here we go Skins fans are You EXCITED!!!:dj:

Archived