Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

(If) we lose this week, will Campbell see time in the final two weeks?

rincewind

I don't want to really think about the possibility of not winning this week. But if by some horrible twist of fate the other team does win and our playoff chances are pretty much out the window, do we let Jason Campbell get some valuable game experience in the final two weeks? I say let the kid play.

Granted this will all be a moot point when we win :D

No, as long as we are mathematically alive JC will not see playing time. If we are ever eliminated then Gibbs will be more concerned with W's, do you think he wants two years in a row of sub .500 so a rookie can get a game or two under his belt. Finishing 9-7 or 8-8 is better then a potential 7-9, not by much but it would show improvement.

:dallasuck :gaintsuck :eaglesuck

Ramsey would play before JC in the event of an injury to MB.

:dallasuck :gaintsuck :eaglesuck

This week he definitely would, but not if we lose this game. I hope Patrick gets some extra reps this week. Gibbs is going to have to have a quick hook with Brunnell if he plays as bad as last week......If Ramsey had played that bad, he would have been sitting on the bus at halftime waiting for the game to get over.

Let's hope we win to keep our playoff hopes alive!

Not unless Brunnell gets hurt! He and Gibbs have a love affair going like no other. I hope Brunnell doesn't play the first quarter of the Dallas game like he did in Arizona.......if so, it will be a long, long day.

Trying watching a Chief's game. Green + Vermil = :smooch:

Even if we are eliminated, I don't see Gibbs giving the keys to Jason Campbell just yet. Patrick Ramsey is the back up. Jason is third string.

Seems to be popular opinion that neither will play. But, if we are eliminated and someone gets the snaps besides Brunell - there is no way it is Ramsey. Ramsey is the second string only in case of injury. Campbell is the future, so if Brunell is benched - the future is now.

Campbell is the future, so if Brunell is benched - the future is now.

I hardly doubt that Brunnell will be "benched". Only if we lose this week and are eliminated from the playoff picture......and even then I wouldn't call it being "benched". Gibbs would say, "I love Mark Brunnell, he's played his guts out, but I have to evaluate Jason Campbell. Which would be a good thing as long as we are out of the playoff picture.

Gibbs would also add, " You'll see Mark again next year, right after I give birth to his child this summer!"

You are right though, Campbell is the future!

Oh, good lord, can't we just enjoy an intense week with playoff implications without talking about things like

a) getting playing time for our young guys, or

B) who we are going to draft, or

c) what free agents we will pick up in the offseason???

I think we are so used to losing over these past 13 years that we don't know what to do with ourselves!

Archived