Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

John Riggins

smack500

I was watching the espn special about his career the other day, and I hadnt realized how good he was. Some of his runs were amazing the way he forced his way down the field, one play he had like 5 guys on his back and still scored. Ive never seen portis do anything like that with us, no offence intended to portis.

Im not racist or prejudice, but I was wondering why dont you see any good white rb/fb in the league anymore?

Also to fans who remember super bowl XVII. He said something to effect of he ran the team back then, is that true or was it Theismann?

I also heard that Riggins has alot of Indian (American) in his blood, maybe that is why he was so fond of firewater and why he left when white man speak with forked tongue :laugh: . Riggins was also a world class sprinter in high school. He was a unique blend of speed and strength and power. He was to me what Mike Alstot is today. :2cents:

I also heard that Riggins has alot of Indian (American) in his blood, maybe that is why he was so fond of firewater and why he left when white man speak with forked tongue :laugh: . Riggins was also a world class sprinter in high school. He was a unique blend of speed and strength and power. He was to me what Mike Alstot is today. :2cents:

Riggins had more speed than Alstot, but they have the same kind of power.

Some of his runs were amazing the way he forced his way down the field, one play he had like 5 guys on his back and still scored. Ive never seen portis do anything like that with us, no offence intended to portis.

But you wouldn't see Riggins make a super quick cut and dart 20 yards up the field either. They are two totally different types of backs.

But Riggins was an amazing ball control runner. He was very consistant and he was money to pick up at least 3 yards.

Archived