Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Koren Robinson

IMissHeathShuler

There are a plethora of "who should the Skins #2 WR be next season" threads floating around, but I wanted to start one to specifically discuss Koren Robinson. Is it just me, or wouldn't be the perfect fit for this offense, both from an on-the field and financial perspective? I have been very impressed with what he done in Minny this year, and he seems committed to putting his off-the-field problems behind him. I would be quite happy to see Koren lined up opposite Santana next season.

He would have been awesome. There aren't too many people that would argue against his physical talent. He obviously made many poor decisions, but he seems to be making the most of his second chance right now.

I always thought he was a beast of a player and it seems like Minn got a steal for cheap.

Bubba, don't be so sure. How often do the Vikes get into bidding wars?

K-Rob was the #1 receiver drafted in the "Year of the Receiver" (Gardner, Moss, Chambers, Chad Johnson, etc.) He's also a good kick returner. He really hasn't shown all that much as a receiver for the Vikes. He was HORRIBLE as a Seahawk, dropping about every other pass that hit his hands. He was also a raging alcoholic, according to bangcartoon.com.

Koren is seriously turning it up in Minny. My hope is that we would have drafted him instead of Rod. It really looks life he's gotten his life together as well. If he stays on that course I can't see the Vikes letting him go. They got a bargin and they know it.

I was saying we sohuld have picked him up in the offseason

Easy to say in hindsight, considering he could have had the same fate as David Terrell.

I agree with others that he's not there yet as a receiver, but he does look like he's turning things around. Problem is, if we pick up someone, we don't need a work in progress. We have a few of those as is.

Jason

Robinson hasn't been setting the world on fire in Minny, he has 16 catches for 290 yards and 1 TD this year. He is on a one-year contract, so he might be available at the end of the season. However, he was cut in September, and turned down a better offer with the Packers to re-sign with the Vikes, so he might prefer to stay there. Also he is a risk - if he relapses and falls off the wagon, which often happens with alcoholics, he could be a bust. I'd say we need a more reliable WR, and we should be able to pick one up this coming offseason.

K-Rob was the #1 receiver drafted in the "Year of the Receiver" (Gardner, Moss, Chambers, Chad Johnson, etc.)

That was a great WR draft but I believe he was the 2nd WR drafted. I believe the Bears drafted David Terrell from Michigan 1-2 picks before the Seahawks drafted Robinson.

Robinson along with Moss could be deadily. I'd hate to face them twice a year.

Archived