Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Meaningful Games in December

skins fan1010

REDSKINS CAN WIN ALL FIVE GAMES REMAINING AND NOT MAKE THE PLAYOFFS. It is a fact! It would take a series of upsets to get the redskins sniffing the playoffs. That is not controlling your own destiny and playing meaningful games. It is more precise to say that you are happy to be playing games in december when are not mathmatically eliminated.

I see your main point. I get it.

But don't ruin it by stating that if the Skins win out, it would take a "series of upsets to get the Redskins sniffing the playoffs"...that simply isn't true.

If the Skins win out, they'll be 10-6. The Cowboys and Giants would then only be able to lose one more game (one of them is guaranteed to have the second loss tomorrow). Therefore, it's not ridiculous to think that IF the Redskins win out, they have a very good shot at the division/playoffs.

Point taken.

It would however be a series of upsets for the Redskins to beat the Giants, Cowboys and Eagles in the same month.

Heck, the Cowboys are 7-4 and just played the 2nd best team in the NFL to overtime and it is likely going take 2 upsets for them to win the division.

Spurrier was also 5-6 his first season. Looking back in hindsight, if he would've won out, we would've made the playoffs at 10-6 (Atlanta got in with a 9-6-1 record). So what if Spurrier's 12th game wasn't played in December.......was still as meaningful as this week's game.

Point taken.

It would however be a series of upsets for the Redskins to beat the Giants, Cowboys and Eagles in the same month.

The Skins are favored on the road this week against the Rams. They will be favored next week against the Cardinals. They will probably win both.

Then, they come HOME for two games against the Giants and the Cowboys--a team they have already beaten in Dallas. Do you think that if the Skins beat the Rams and Cards and come home to DC that they will be the underdog against either the Giants or Cowboys? If you do, you are not living in reality.

So, the Skins come home at 7 - 6 and will be favored to beat the Giants and Cowboys. When you are favored to win and then win, it is not an upset.

If they win the next four, do you think they will be underdogs in Philly for the last game? Not bloody likely. To have a win considered an upset, you must be the dog.

I grant that it is a lower probability of winning five in a row than there is in winning one game, but you said that it will take a series of upsets. They will be favored in every game for as long as they win. Therefore, their wins cannot be upsets. You'll figure it out eventually. Keep trying.

What we did to you on Monday night was skill, we burned your secondary twice!! We also beat the best Defense in the NFL, the Bears!! Which I believe will be in the Super Bowl this year!! ;) Watch out, the Redskins will end the Dallas playoffs this year. MARK MY WORDS!!!

If it werent for a miracle dumb decision by mcnapps you would be 6-5....lol

The Skins are favored on the road this week against the Rams. They will be favored next week against the Cardinals. They will probably win both.

Then, they come HOME for two games against the Giants and the Cowboys--a team they have already beaten in Dallas. Do you think that if the Skins beat the Rams and Cards and come home to DC that they will be the underdog against either the Giants or Cowboys? If you do, you are not living in reality.

So, the Skins come home at 7 - 6 and will be favored to beat the Giants and Cowboys. When you are favored to win and then win, it is not an upset.

If they win the next four, do you think they will be underdogs in Philly for the last game? Not bloody likely. To have a win considered an upset, you must be the dog.

I grant that it is a lower probability of winning five in a row than there is in winning one game, but you said that it will take a series of upsets. They will be favored in every game for as long as they win. Therefore, their wins cannot be upsets. You'll figure it out eventually. Keep trying.

Who knows?

Right now you are tied for last place in the division. Thats a fact. If you beat teams ahead of you in the division, it is an upset.

Thanks

Who knows?

Right now you are tied for last place in the division. Thats a fact. If you beat teams ahead of you in the division, it is an upset.

Thanks

Ah, who knows, asks the Cowboys fan. Who knows? I know.

When you are favored to win and you do win, it is not an upset. That much I know.

You want to talk about facts? The Redskins own the tie breakers against the Cowboys because the Redskins beat the Cowboys in the Cowboys' backyard. No excuses. Instead of wasting your time on a message board of a "last place" team, you should be out celebrating your pending division title. The fact that you are wasting your time here only confirms what I know to be true. You know that your team cannot beat the Redskins head-to-head, so you need to get in your comments now before the Redskins take the divsion title away from your boys.

Please tell your boys to beat the Giants this week so that the Redskins can take the division. If your boys lose to the Giants, they might not make the playoffs.

meaningful games in Dec - must be talking about Dec 2006

Yes meaningful games, Dallas and the Giants go head-to-head this weekend. One of them has to lose, therefore if we win the next two weeks we play both the Giants and Cowboys at home in MEANINGFUL GAMES that could determine the division and the wild-card. Why don't you stick to hockey since you don't understand, aye?

Ah, who knows, asks the Cowboys fan. Who knows? I know...

...You want to talk about facts? The Redskins own the tie breakers against the Cowboys because the Redskins beat the Cowboys in the Cowboys' backyard. No excuses. Instead of wasting your time on a message board of a "last place" team, you should be out celebrating your pending division title. The fact that you are wasting your time here only confirms what I know to be true. You know that your team cannot beat the Redskins head-to-head, so you need to get in your comments now before the Redskins take the divsion title away from your boys.

Please tell your boys to beat the Giants this week so that the Redskins can take the division. If your boys lose to the Giants, they might not make the playoffs.

Has anybody seen CowboyBlog today?

I didn't think so.

If we beat Arizona and come home to play Dallas with a 7-6 record, I'm fully confident that our team will have the ability to beat the boys. Then head into the next week at 8-6, and once again have the confidence to win at home(meaningful games in December for the skins? Dude, the fans will go INSANE!!). Then we head to Philly at 9-6. GOD it would be incredible to end up 10-6 after all of the bs we've been through with 4th Q losses and a bad Tampa game!!

• 2 weeks later...

Has anyone seen CowboyBlog? I wrote this to him weeks ago, but he hasn't picked up his messages:

You want to talk about facts? The Redskins own the tie breakers against the Cowboys because the Redskins beat the Cowboys in the Cowboys' backyard. No excuses. Instead of wasting your time on a message board of a "last place" team, you should be out celebrating your pending division title. The fact that you are wasting your time here only confirms what I know to be true. You know that your team cannot beat the Redskins head-to-head, so you need to get in your comments now before the Redskins take the divsion title away from your boys.

In the immortal words of that Simpsons' character: HA HA :laugh:

http://countertrey.blogspot.com/2005/12/meaningful-redskins-games-post-1130.html

Excerpts:

Okay, Redskins fans. This is it: This weekend is the beginning of a string of meaningful games in December and January. This is why Dan Snyder and Redskins fans wanted Joe Gibbs back at the helm...

...Many fans might not remember that when they were 3 – 8 at this time last year, a win in the next week against the Giants meant that they controlled their playoff fate. That’s right; after the Redskins beat the Giants last year in the twelfth game, they controlled their playoff fate at 4 - 8. If they had run the table, they were guaranteed a playoff spot...

...Notice that if the Redskins are 7 - 6 and Dallas and New Jersey are 8 - 5 after thirteen games as I expect, the Redskins will once again control their playoff destiny. A sweep of their final three at that point will guarantee the division title because of head-to-head tiebreakers...

Read the whole thing at http://countertrey.blogspot.com/2005/12/meaningful-redskins-games-post-1130.html

when someone else is in front of you you never control your playoff fate some else controls it for you.

Based on your logic, the Texans were playing meaningful games in September. They controlled their own destiny. All they had to do was win the rest of their games and they would have been guaranteed a playoff spot.

Not much different the redkins now.

How about them Cowboys.

Archived