Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

QB questions

D'Pablo

After this season:

1. Does Ramsey get traded or cut?

2. Does Jason Campbell start or move into the second spot behind Brunnel?

3. How much longer does Brunnel start for us?

4. Do we draft another QB to take the third string spot or grab a veteran off waivers?

5. Should we grab a veteran off waivers, would Campbell be once again relegated to third string QB considering Joe Gibbs' penchant for veterans?

1. I doubt we trade Ramsey unless we get a really good offer, like a 2nd round pick. I don't see that happening, but who knows considering what Miami gave to get Feeley.

He is in the last year of his contract and he isn't much of a liability against the cap.

2. That is a good question. I highly doubt he'll start, but I wonder if he will supplant Ramsey at #2?

3. I think one more year.

4. We should keep all three. I think.

5. Given that I think we keep Ramsey, I think Campbell has a good chance of remaining #3 just for that reason (Gibbs values experience pretty highly)

How long did Rypien, Humphries, etc. ride the bench? Campbell could be in for a few years of watching. I dunno, the NFL has changed a lot, too.

i think we will trade ramsey. Im not sure what his value will be, but there is no use for him being in the organization. If we keep him we will just be hurting his carrer. I see us getting a 4th round pick for him.

Jason Campbell will be our #2 guy next year, ready to come in if Brunell gets hurt. A good #2 at that.

Brunell will start next year. His play this year has proven he can still get it done, but he needs to not be so conservative starting this Sunday.

Watch out for Tim Hasselbeck to get back here. Im not sure how long his contract is with the Giants, but i wouldnt be surprised if he was our #3. A great team guy...we miss him this year

If they don't make the playoffs, I would think they would have an open competition in training camp. I can't imagine Brunell getting a free shot at the job if they don't make it. If Ramsey doesn't win the job, they will look to move him. I hope they don't draft another QB for quite a while.

If they don't make the playoffs, I would think they would have an open competition in training camp. I can't imagine Brunell getting a free shot at the job if they don't make it. If Ramsey doesn't win the job, they will look to move him. I hope they don't draft another QB for quite a while.

i agree with u

Archived