Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Poll: Better Linebacker, LA or MW?

IrepDC

You are a 100% correct. I have played a little football in my day as well. Being that I was a DT I played left DT, and that is usually where all of the power plays come you need that killer strong side backer, because the DT is going to take on double teams and pulls, so you need that Sam Backer to come in and clean up the mess.

With all things aside LA is to better backer because he can play both positions, where as MW is your classic Strong Side run stopping line backer. But I also think that LA should always be on the field. Especially in passing downs.

Greg Williams has achieved what he wanted to do. Make people doubt Lavar becuase it was personal. Lavar Arrington has flourished under several different coordinators. I've seen him rush the passer, make big hits and play over the TE primarily. I have no doubt who's the better LB. Lavar. Lavar is one of the fastest LB's in the league and has shwon he can get to the QB when given the oppurtunity. In Williams' scheme for some reason he can't find the right so called packages to get Lavar pressuring the QB. Thats the biggest BS I've ever heard. I've never coached on the NFL level but I've played LB and coached defense. I refuse to believe that Lavar has no place on 3rd downs. Its almost as stupid as Williams had everyone believing Lavar wasn't good enough to be playing this year. Williams is a good coach but he's arrogant.

Archived