Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

OT-Best Burger in Town

Golgo-13

Alright, here's a random question for y'all. What is the best burger here in the DC area? My personal fave is the burger at the Carlyle Grande in Shirlington. I'm just curious. And for you out of towners, what's your favorite fast food spot. I've been debating with some friends about this and I wanted to see what you guys think. I also want to know some good spots to get a good burger. :silly:

Never been to Five Guys, but over here in Frederick, Maryland, there is a little place called, Cheeseburgers in Pardise.

Also, anyone from the DC area that has been here for some time, might remember Little' Taverens, or LT's for short. There burgers were knowen as "Gut Gernades".:puke:

If any of you guys make your way out to Southern California, you must try In-N-Out burgers. The menu is basically three items: Hamburger, Cheesburger and Double Cheeseburger, and they're outstanding! By far the best chain hamburger around. Their fries are good too. :)

Personally, I like my own:

1 1/2" thick fresh "extra lean" patties (5-8 lbs worth)

A mixture of 60% Lea & Perrins Worcestshire, 30% Kikkoman's Terryaki, 10% "flattened" Old Milwaukee", 1 stick of real butter melted, 2 TBLSPNS of "coarse ground" peppercorns

1/2 Doz Large "homegrown" tomatoes

Cheeses: I like Provalone, Monterey Jack and Swiss (I use all three.......yellow cheese sux on a cheeseburger.)

4 Large Sweet Purple Onions

1 Large head of ice crisped Romaine lettuce

3-16 oz jars of green chiles

1-16 0z jar of Kraft Miracle Whip

1-32 oz bottle of Heinz ketchup

1-16 oz bottle of French's mustard

5 lbs of fat "crinkle cut" fries, deep fried, drained, and then immediately sprinkled with powdered garlic (very lightly) and grated Romano cheese (very heavily)

1-case of Sam Adams frosted

Combine all the ingredients together in the "mixture" (including the melted butter and peppercorns) and use this to brush on your grilled patties. Dress burgers to taste--(remember to time the fries so that they arrive at the same time) Crack open a Sam Adams.....have remote in hand, tune to the game and enjoy........

:cheers: :notworthy :cheers: :notworthy

Archived