Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Why Brunell Should Be Traded At Season End

dmauro1

Why are we so ready to throw out quaterbacks like Brunell and Ramsey. I still think Ramsey could be a quaterback that would work well in the system. I remember how so many wanted to get rid of Doug Williams (superbowl winner), aother number 11 (Mark Rypien) superbowl winner! We had two quaterbacks that were run out of town and yet started agaisnt each other in superbowls (Brad Johnson and Rich Gannon). Then there is Trent Green who we ran out of town and has been an incredible producer for the Rams and the Chiefs. Hell Even Gus Ferrotte is winning some games in Miami and even beat Oakland in which we coud not.

I do noth think Ramsey has been given his fair shake and I would hate to see him on another team winning football games. Neither him nor brunnell did anything in the preseason and Brunnell did nothing in the beginning of the season, he has gotten better but I do think that maybe his arm strength is getting weaker and has not been a deep ball threat at all other than two against Dallas that we all loved.

I do not think Campbell is ready nor will he be ready he did not come from a pro style offense out of college and he looked it in the preseason. He will need time and I think he has the possible to do great things but he will have to wait his turn as Williams, Rypien did! I still think ramsey is the quaterback for the next three seasons!

Member: 20967

Brunell won't be traded. Personally, I forsee(if we DO make a QB change) us starting Campbell once the off-season begins, keeping Brunell as a back-up, and Ramsey possibly going else-where to be a starter. The fact of the matter is that Brunell loves it here in DC and is just too far into his career to go changing teams again and hoping to start for another team. I for one, if we did have to make a change in the QB position, would be VERY comfortable knowing we have a very capable back-up/starter available whenever needed in Brunell.

i guess it is you can not read, i said not all of CP's issues are his fault meaning the OL, but we were talking about players that could yield some picks

So basically you were just talking about players who could gain us picks? Or are you saying you think they will be traded? I read what you posted first and reread it and still feel like you are saying Pat and Lavar will be traded and possibly Portis. If your just talking about who can net us some picks well then throw in Moss while your at it. But none of these players will be gone next year. Guaranteed.

Archived