Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Why Brunell Should Be Traded At Season End

dmauro1

No, this isnt a bash Brunell thread. If we are in fact "building something" w/Joe Gibbs(I think its bs and we should be winning), it makes no sense to keep Mark Brunell. Clearly Mark Brunell has something left in the tank but you can also tell he is in the latter stages of his career, which is against the idea of "building". Patrick R. is hardly a step down and there is more upside there than MB. The problem next year is its MB or PR to leave. At 37 next year(MB), athletes tend to take longer to recover from nagging injuries and if something happened to MB, we would have to throw Jason Campbell to the fire. Also MB has had some ups and downs this year and its not a stretch to think he might lose some zip next year.

I could see if things were looking like next year we could be a late Jan. or early Feb. contender(which we could be minus JG), but if JG stays and is allowed to "build", next year clearly will not be the year we go that deep. At this point MB has played solidly and clearly would be wanted by many teams who feel they are an experienced but not spectacular QB from going deep in the playoffs. What other area are we deep in where we can trade(w/o going backwards) for a shut down corner or pass rushing DE. I think MB would go much farther as bait now than PR, so thats another reason to move him

Ramsey will be traded. Brunell will return as the starter. Campbell will be the backup.

This seems pretty clear unless there is a coaching change.

Bingo, plus we traded a third rounder for Mark when all we needed to do was wait, so don't think many teams will give up picks for him.

We have two players that would get us something in return, Pat will get us at least a 3rd round pick and LA should get us a low #1 or high #2. Portis is also another option, but think it would be to costly, and I don't think you can blame all of his issues on him alone.

Bulldog do you think Campbell could overtake Mark at the Qb spot?? I do think Gibbs will give him a very hard look next presason.

LA is not going nowhere......CP isn't going anywhere....Coach loves him be serious man....CP is a good back.....gosh man ur not very smart

Bingo, plus we traded a third rounder for Mark when all we needed to do was wait, so don't think many teams will give up picks for him.

We have two players that would get us something in return, Pat will get us at least a 3rd round pick and LA should get us a low #1 or high #2. Portis is also another option, but think it would be to costly, and I don't think you can blame all of his issues on him alone.

Bulldog do you think Campbell could overtake Mark at the Qb spot?? I do think Gibbs will give him a very hard look next presason.

LA is not going nowhere......CP isn't going anywhere....Coach loves him be serious man....CP is a good back.....gosh man ur not very smart

i guess it is you can not read, i said not all of CP's issues are his fault meaning the OL, but we were talking about players that could yield some picks

Here's the scenario: LA isn't going anywhere, CP is staying put, Ramsey will either be traded or released, Brunell will enter next season as the starting quarterback with Campbell hot on his heels. Campbell is the future, Brunell will probably be around this season and next but will then give way to Campbell either late next year or retire at seasons end and give the position to Campbell in 07'.

LA is not going anywhere. If they were to trade LA then they have lost their mind, they would need to tear the organization down (coaches, etc.) and start from scratch. LA is one of the few areas that is working properly on this team.

There's not a team in the NFL that wants to take on any of those contracts. Maybe if you could get Brunell, Arrington or Portis to agree to rework their contracts with their new team, you could trade one of them, but honestly I can't see that happening, either. Teams will just wait for you to release them.

You can take Brunell out of that group. He has no trade value even if he was making the league minimum.

I just don't get why people want to trade brunell cause he is not going to be around for 100 years. If we can get 2-3 good years outta him then stick Campbell in there I am all for it. Hell, we have got 2/3 of a good year outta Brunell and nobody thought that possible. Ride Brunell until he needs to be put down then stick Campbell in there.

no way brunell starts end of yr unless they got hot

fans wont take the same old thing , that will mean there is no hope, means empty seats

snyder will not allow that

rookies dont sit two yrs, only one at most

Uh, the 90,000+ staduim is going to get sold out even if corpse of Sonny Bono was QB of this team. And what rule says rookies don't sit two years? Thats new to me.

It would be nice to get rid of MB, just because he's up there in age. I think he's played well for the most part, but I think it's time to move on. It doesn't necessarily mean we're rebuilding. I think if there's anyone on the team that can succeed in a Gibbs system it's a QB. We don't know what JC will bring to the table. With some experience and good coaching he may blossom quickly.

PR is certainly not the answer. I love Ramsey's arm and heart, but he needs a very good offensive line to succeed.

I heard a rumor a few months ago that the NY Jets were considering trading John Abraham to the Redskins for Ramsey and Randy Thomas. Not sure if it could happen, but if it's true the Redskins should jump on it.

Here's the scenario: LA isn't going anywhere, CP is staying put, Ramsey will either be traded or released, Brunell will enter next season as the starting quarterback with Campbell hot on his heels. Campbell is the future, Brunell will probably be around this season and next but will then give way to Campbell either late next year or retire at seasons end and give the position to Campbell in 07'.

Smartest 16 year old ive seen on this board yet.

You are exactly right.

And once we lose 1 more game, we will be seeing a lot more of Mr. Campbell and the papers will make a big deal about it since Ramsey is still on the bench.

The kid better be a lot better than the last 2 QB's weve drafted in the first round.

Archived