Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Cap hits in 06 for potential players who are underproducing.

indatrenches

I'm not understanding what your point is. Over the past 13 years we have done nothing but look for the quick fix, whether it be coaching or players. Even when we were rebuilding under Norv the late Jack Kent Cooke still spent money on players to avoid a down right bad team. We have never as a team, especially under Danny, blew the team up and started from scratch.

If that is what the thread is meant to imply then maybe we should consider trimming the fat and starting over at certain spots, we have got to be the worst team when it comes to paying for mediocrity.

:gaintsuck :dallasuck :eaglesuck

Ok blow the team up and lets see what happens.

Why would you blow up a team that has outplayed the opponent in every game they have played except for the Giants game??? Some of you all act like we are the f'n 49ers.....

We have a solid defense, and if we were deeper at d-line, in the secondary, and had a consistent pass rushing threat at d-end, then we could be a GREAT defense. On offense we have a great foundation IMO. Moss, Portis, and Cooley are great, Brunell is getting the job done, and who knows, we just might have a franchise QB in Campbell. We just need a few missing pieces, its just my guess to what they are.... :D

Wynn 3.4 million cap hit in 06- Why have a runstopping defensive end if you cant stop the run?

Lavar 12.0 cap hit

Matt Bowen 2.4mill

Patrick Ramsey 2.8

Sean Springs 5.5 mill

Chris Samuels 10.2 Mill

Clinton Portis 5.4mill

Brandon Noble 2.6

John Jansen 5.6 mill

Mark Brunell 5.4

what do you guys think?

Easy everybody! I think what we have here is a failure to communicate. I don't think he really wants to try and replace all these players. These were just a list of "possibilities" that we can look at. Heck, I'll play!

Ramsey is likely gone just due to his situation.

Noble is likely to retire.

Bowen, I think, is going to stay. Possibly with a cut/resign or restructure.

Lavar.... who knows.

See, that's only 4 people: 2 backups, 1 retire, and 1 Lavar. That isn't a real wholesale change.

Ok blow the team up and lets see what happens.

Why would you blow up a team that has outplayed the opponent in every game they have played except for the Giants game??? Some of you all act like we are the f'n 49ers.....

We have a solid defense, and if we were deeper at d-line, in the secondary, and had a consistent pass rushing threat at d-end, then we could be a GREAT defense. On offense we have a great foundation IMO. Moss, Portis, and Cooley are great, Brunell is getting the job done, and who knows, we just might have a franchise QB in Campbell. We just need a few missing pieces, its just my guess to what they are.... :D

Well you better tell those guy they better hurry up and learn how to win or your going to have a serious cap issue as the next couple years go by.

You got to admit it gets old seeing these guys get big time contracts only to play bad in the big moments of a game, maybe it's just me.

:dallasuck :eaglesuck :gaintsuck

What year was it that we blew up the team and started from scratch. There is a big difference between being bad for 13 years and going through an entire over haul of the organization.

:dallasuck :gaintsuck :eaglesuck

The closest we came to a blow up was when Marty trimmed down the roster and brought in Tony Banks at QB and Drafted Gardner. Marty was able to get the cap under control and it sucked he lasted only a year.

Spurrier got his truckload of "cheap and available" Gator retreads the reamains of which Gibbs had to evaluate to get "true redskins" or his kind of players.

In a way we have been blowing up the team for about 4 years now. Gibbs just needs a few more of his type players to get us stable.

You think that is going to be it? I disagree with Hall, he can not be replaced.

No, I don't think that's going to be it, but it is a good start.

Most of the guys on the inital list would probably be too expensive to cut, and I think the FO thinks more of those guys than we do. Course, they'd also know better what the full story is than we do as well.

I added Hall to the list because he's been hurt the last two years, and even now doesn't look fully healthy. You are right that we need to have a reliable kicker, but you can't be reliable if you are on the bench.

Jason

1300 yds is average???? :whoknows:

no i wasnt get rid of all of the players on the list just who would you cut or trade to straighten the cap for upcomming seasons and improve overall talent.

Believe me i would love to keep Sean Springs but his hit the next couple years is 5m,6m,6m million. As of right now he is 30 years old. Should we pay a 34 year old corner 6 mill a year?

As for Portis i didnt mean 1300 is average i was saying his average per year(last year and this) is going to be close to 1300 with about 6-7 td's. Waaay to much for that production.

Archived