Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Cap hits in 06 for potential players who are underproducing.

indatrenches

Wynn 3.4 million cap hit in 06- Why have a runstopping defensive end if you cant stop the run?

Lavar 12.0 cap hit in 06- nuff said

Matt Bowen 2.4mill- too much for a backup safety

Patrick Ramsey 2.8- Almost 3 mill for a potential backup next year

Sean Springs 5.5 mill- i know i love him just as much as the next guy but compare his stats to last years and you have to wonder is the guy regressing right in front of our eyes?

Chris Samuels 10.2 Mill- Do I really need to explain this one? (might not be able to move just signed an unwarranted extension)

Clinton Portis 5.4mill- May have to restructure, too much for a back to back 1300 yard back. (going on average)

Brandon Noble 2.6 may have lost his job to big Joe Salave'

John Jansen 5.6 mill- must restructure to stay

Mark Brunell 5.4 Possible June 1st cut.

what do you guys think?

did i leave out anyone?

http://redskins.scout.com/3/salary_cap_chart.html

I think this team is due for a bunch of changes...but you also need to think of the dead cap money that comes with players being released.

I actually totally disagree. I believe that this team is just a few players away from being a playoff team. We are better than last year and hopefully after Gibbs 3rd offseason, we will finally be a winning team....:fingersx:

Making a bunch of changes is the very reason why we have been such a struggling franchise for the past 13 yrs. I thought we went through this already.....

Wynn 3.4 million cap hit in 06- Why have a runstopping defensive end if you cant stop the run?

Lavar 12.0 cap hit in 06- nuff said

Matt Bowen 2.4mill- too much for a backup safety

Patrick Ramsey 2.8- Almost 3 mill for a potential backup next year

Sean Springs 5.5 mill- i know i love him just as much as the next guy but compare his stats to last years and you have to wonder is the guy regressing right in front of our eyes?

Chris Samuels 10.2 Mill- Do I really need to explain this one? (might not be able to move just signed an unwarranted extension)

Clinton Portis 5.4mill- May have to restructure, too much for a back to back 1300 yard back. (going on average)

Brandon Noble 2.6 may have lost his job to big Joe Salave'

John Jansen 5.6 mill- must restructure to stay

Mark Brunell 5.4 Possible June 1st cut.

what do you guys think?

did i leave out anyone?

So you have us getting rid of our #1 corner, both tackles, our top 2 QBs, our number 1 RB, a starting LB, and DE. Who do we replace these guys with?

So let me get this straight. barring restructuring youd like to move Jansen, Brunell, springs, Portis and Patton. Who exactly are you planning to play in their place? We've lost Patten and Thrash, who arent integral parts of the offense and all of a sudden we cant throw downfield, can you image how decimated we'd be without these guys above?

So you have us getting rid of our #1 corner, both tackles, our top 2 QBs, our number 1 RB, a starting LB, and DE. Who do we replace these guys with?

Exactly what I have been saying. Blowing up this team is not the answer. Haven't you people learned from going through the past 13 years???

I actually totally disagree. I believe that this team is just a few players away from being a playoff team. We are better than last year and hopefully after Gibbs 3rd offseason, we will finally be a winning team....:fingersx:

you don't think reconstructing the dline, getting more depth at WR & CB, a new TE, and hopefully a GM, would be a good thing for this team? Those are changes that need to occur. :2cents:

You're crazy having Springs and Jansen on that list. Their salaries are not outrageous for what they bring to the table. And stats for cornerbacks are overrated. If an offense fears throwing the ball to a DB's side of the field, he won't have too many INTs. (Hence the term shutdown corner). And I seriously don't see how we cut Brunell, unless we decide to give. J. Campbell the ball next year. But I don't think Gibbs has any intention of doing that just yet.

Sean Springs? :doh: Thats a joke right?

Samuels and Jansen aren't going anywhere.

Portis they won't touch.

Wynn is overpaid.

Ramsey...not sure.

Harris, Bowen, Daniels and maybe Noble. I like Noble and Wynn does stop the run, but business is business. Certain cuts will need to be made.

Edit: John Hall is definitely a good one!

You think that is going to be it? I disagree with Hall, he can not be replaced.

Yea finding a reliable kicker is not only very hard to find, but is a necessity to have in the NFL. (As evidenced by the Giants game on Sunday.) I have a ton of confidence in Hall as long as he is healthy. A 52 yarder is a tough FG, but they showed a stat that Hall is 17-17 with 40 yarders at home. Now THAT is reliable!!

Yesterday's loss was NOT Hall's fault. If it weren't for the holding penalty, there is no doubt in my mind that Hall would have made the GW kick.

This is an absurd thread. So, we're going to cut or trade our entire team, and let sean taylor, marcus washington, santana moss, and chris cooley play every position???

Sean Springs is a stud, look how many #1 receivers have had big games against us, (off the top of my head none.)

Portis isn't overpaid, he's not used properly.

Jansen is one of the better RT in the league.

I could go through everyone, but I'm not going to. Fine, let Ramsey and Bowen go, but more or less this thread is absurd.

Not to mention dropping all these guys would make a cap hit so large we wouldn't even be able to field a team. People need to realize when we give these huge signing bonuses (which allows us to sign bigger contracts without taking as big of a cap hit) those bonuses have to be paid in full if we cut/trade the player. So instead of someone's $20 mil bonus going over 5 years its all paid at once, making a huge cap hit. We can't afford to do that. Do your research before having these absurd ideas.

Exactly what I have been saying. Blowing up this team is not the answer. Haven't you people learned from going through the past 13 years???

I'm not understanding what your point is. Over the past 13 years we have done nothing but look for the quick fix, whether it be coaching or players. Even when we were rebuilding under Norv the late Jack Kent Cooke still spent money on players to avoid a down right bad team. We have never as a team, especially under Danny, blew the team up and started from scratch.

If that is what the thread is meant to imply then maybe we should consider trimming the fat and starting over at certain spots, we have got to be the worst team when it comes to paying for mediocrity.

:gaintsuck :dallasuck :eaglesuck

Archived