Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Firing Line 2002- Whose jobs are in danger?

88Comrade2000

Originally posted by tommy-the-greek

No way Lewis goes to Dallas. Snyder will offer him the moon to stay in D.C. if our "D" has a great season. Snyder could offer him more money to stay as the "DC" then other teams would pay him to be the "HC". Lewis knows he will be a "HC" someday in this league. Why not stay with the Skins during the Spurrier years and make a ton of money and even more fame and then leave to fulfill his "HC" aspirations?

I have read a couple of times that Lewis joined the 'Skins because it would give him the opportunity to learn the offense from an offense-oriented coach. He mentioned the path Bob Stoops took, going from Florida as the Dc to the HC position at Oklahoma and winning a National Championship.

Many like to use SOS as a mentor for offensive development (Marty did as well).

HTTR!!:cheers:

Originally posted by Bizwah

I think it's difficult for people to understand exactly what goes on in JJ's mind. Even those of us that follow the team religously have a hard time understanding him at times.

I don't think that Campo is JJ's yes man or puppet. To say that would give Jones too much credit for the fine job of coaching that Campo did last year. Yes, Campo did a good job last year. Remember? Rookie QB, $23 million in dead money, no talent on D? We were supposed MAYBE win one game and get blown out in the ones we didn't win......Well, he didn't do half bad.

Now, will JJ fire him anytime? No....simple answer. JJ has never fired a coach in midseason. He says he never will.

I do agree that Campo needs to go, at the very least, 7-9 to keep his job.

Now, since we're speculating.....What does SS's record need to be to be safe? What if he goes 6-10? We've seen the quick hook your owner tends to have. Will he be patient with Spurrier?

To this outsider's opinion, I'd have to say yes. Spurrier keeps his job. I think a learning curve with the new offense should be expected. Maybe if you all went 1-15, but that's not likely (I don't think 6-10 is either, but it's a hypothetical situation). You all would know better than me.......

Synder got the man he wanted from day one. He'll give Spurrier the time to do the job.

Archived