Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Greg Williams excuses,stop it!!!

bbuzz1962

I am sick of this coach giving excuses for not making plays when they are needed. He consistently praises the other teams for making plays when they needed it. Regardless of how good the team is, he states give them some credit, they are a real good team. Last time I checked a 3-6 team wasn't a good team. His defense has now given up the late score three weeks in a row. So to say this is a real good defense, just doesn't add up.

Dont give me we are something in the league in defense, it doesn't mean a thing if you have a losing record. We are now the losers all those self acclaimed professional sportcasters predicted. I am tired of holding hope for this team.

It looks like Gibbs just hasn't made the difference we all felt when he returned to coaching. Another year out of the playoffs, how bad is it going to get?

To think the lowley Vikings now have a better record than we do goes to show how bad this team really is.

Call me whatever you want, but you know the truth is, this team sucks, and badly. I hold on to hope, that we can fix it this off season, for whatever we need. If you think about it, the Chargers played horrible, and still beat us. Just pittifull.

I don't think it would look too good on Coach Williams' part to come out on camera and be perfectly honest and say:

Our defensive line sucks and cannot create pressure.

You know, I may be just a fan and not know what goes on behind the scenes and Gregg Williams and his staff most likely have forgotten more about defense than I'll ever know but I atleast know one thing....

As long as this front office keeps the status quo on drafting dlineman, we'll always suck on defense. Alot of smoke and mirrors on D last year, much like Dallas' D in Parcells first year with them.

Parcells had sense enough to address that this past draft, will Gibbs and Co.? We'll see this offseason.............

Our defense played very well today, so stop blaming GW like a pathetic "fan" looking for someone to blame. They committed 3 turnovers, 2 during regulation, 1 in FG range. Our offense showed signs of being very productive today, but when you have those kinds of turnovers, you can't score just 17 points and expect it to be an easy win, or a win at all for that matter as you saw today.

I was happy with the play of everyone today, except for Royal, and obviously Rabach's penalty(possible the worst penalty of any game all season).

I agree with you! Greg williams blows as a defensive coach, he has the talent just doesn't know how to use it. Doesn't it piss you of whenever a defensive player makes a great play he Williams pulls him out? (wtS)is that?

He keeps losey players in the whole game, point Walt Harris, he super blows and plays every down of every game?

I think the NFL is rigged anyway,how I have no idea. but that win gave

San Diago home field advatage in the play offs? I guess the fan base generates lots of DOLLARS there.

I am sad if the NFL is rigged,sad when they went to free agency,sad when they did away with the chucking the reciever rule, when they added the TAUNTING rule,AAAAAHHHHHHHHHaaaaaa stop taunting me! I mean it!

Whats next in the NFL,we got girls on the field giving thier opion on the game? I mean I dont mind looking at them but, to hear them talk about a tackle or a hit is laughable? "O NFL of OLD where are you?"

No way. Just no way you can blame any of our losses on the defense. 17 points? Losing teams score 17 points. If our offense can't score more than 17 points we will lose every time. Our defense is playing lights out. The offense is sucking.

Lights out?? wow.....

I'd hate to see us on an off day. :rolleyes: How much less pressure could we put on an opposing QB and how many more big runs can we give up on an off day??

Today was not Gregg Williams fault. The defense got sacks, forced turnovers, and limited one of the best offenses in the league to 17 points. They gave the offense the ball at the 30 yard line to win the game.

The offense, for the second week in a row, is the reason we lost.

I believe that this is Williams last season here in D.C. if Gibbs is running the show. We have no FA money to do much upgrades on the defensive side of the ball and an offense that is almost belongs in a pop warner league. With the offense so predictable and a defense that has no real athletes besides a few, Williams needs to save his reputation he has built. We are horrendous!

Today was not Gregg Williams fault. The defense got sacks, forced turnovers, and limited one of the best offenses in the league to 17 points. They gave the offense the ball at the 30 yard line to win the game.

Exactly. This loss is in large part due to Gibbs and his horrid play selection. Teams have no fear of our garbage offensive unit when it matters, because Gibbs plays right into their hands.

I didn't even read this post, but I have two words. Bull ****! The defense played great throughout the entire game, especially towards the end. In the 4th quarter, they got 3 turnovers, stopped 3 drives. The Offense just kept going 3 and out, and if you allow the team with the best running back in the league's(top 5 ever) offense to be on the field that often, he's going to break one here and there. Rabach doesn't hold, Redskins win. It's as simple as that. Great job coach Williams!

I should also mention, that Redskins got a pretty decent pass rush today. However, the Redskins have no players that resemble a pass rusher. That's on Williams.

Agree. For the second time this season, the Offensive playcalling was what lost us this game. You don't play to burn time off the clock with eight minutes to go. That doesn't work. 3-4 minutes, maybe. You go for the kill. That was what lost us the game.

The Defense was too gassed to put up any kind of fight at the end.

What exactly, did Gregg Williams say about LaVar's ego?

Nothing.

Hello, welcome to "our new blown season, version 2005"

Arrington rode the bench because he was recovering from an injury, partly, and partly because he missed alot, and partly because Williams didn't feel that a super star player should recieve playing time if he plays outside the coaches system

NEWS FLASH

Williams system sucks, and he plays like a ****ing wimp. All he does is make excuses, and for all the talk about the 'two sides needing to come together, when refering about Arrington and the coaching staff, specifically Williams, Arrington has sure held up his end, Williams needs to get over himself, admits his defense blows games, and he's getting paid millions to be responsible for that, not make excuses.

Fine, if that's your opinion of Gregg Williams and his system. It's your right to feel that way.

What did he say about LaVar's ego, though? Don't dodge the question.

Don't act as if "well.. he meant, bla, bla, bla... "

Tell us exactly what he said. Bet you can't find anything.

They were looking for "signs" from LaVar that they apparently now see. If you don't want to believe them, that's your choice. They never said anything about his ego, though.

Archived