Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Chargers: 1st Ranked Rush Defense / 27th Ranked Pass Defense

EnFoRcEr_uPu

So what? I think the Raiders were ranked 24th against the pass and what did that stat get us? Then you have TB ranked I think at the time we played them 1st against the run and Portis goes nuts on them.

Name of the game for us....TURNOVERS. If we didn't turn the ball over in Denver, KC, TB, Raiders we win ALL THESE games. Hell even the Giants game might have been a very close game, especially without the dropped passes. Against SD we can't afford a single turnover and it sure would be nice to get one from them. In such a case we win.

So what? I think the Raiders were ranked 24th against the pass and what did that stat get us? Then you have TB ranked I think at the time we played them 1st against the run and Portis goes nuts on them.

Name of the game for us....TURNOVERS. If we didn't turn the ball over in Denver, KC, TB, Raiders we win ALL THESE games. Hell even the Giants game might have been a very close game, especially without the dropped passes. Against SD we can't afford a single turnover and it sure would be nice to get one from them. In such a case we win.

Excellent point. One turnover on Sunday and we lose.

If you scratch the surface of that stat, they're probably not a D to take lightly.

They have 33 sacks, ranked #2 in the league. Their opponents average 37.6 pass attempts per game, 3rd highest in the league, which means they have probably forced opponents into feeling they have to throw to stay in the game (not a position we play very well in). Meanwhile, they've held opponents to only 78 yards rushing per game.

I think this will be one of the tougher D's we've played this season, and if we think their #27 ranking in passing yards allowed means we'll be winging the ball all over the field, we're in for another long day.

The reason why is because we have outscored our opponents 66-23 in the first quarter of games this season. And our opponents realize they can't run against then #2, now #1 run defense. So you have no other choice but to pass to catch up.

Archived