Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A break down of remaining schedules of playoff contenders...

FunBunch7

I think we will all concede the Seahawks and Bears winning their respective divisions. I think that most of you will agree that the Panthers "should" win the South. That leaves the NFC East crwon to be decided and the 2 Wild card spots...

Here are the remaining games for the teams in the east:

NY Giants:

Philly

@ Seattle

Dallas

@ Philly

Kansas City

@ Washington

@ Oakland

There is NOT an easy game left on their schedule. As bad as we feel about losing to T.B....it was a road game against a playoff contender...the Giants blew an important home game to the "joke of the NFL"

Dallas:

Detroit

Denver

@ NY Giants

Kansas City

@ Washington

@ Carolina

St. Louis

The 2 easist games are obviously Detroit and St. Louis but both teams have enough offensive weapons to make a game of it. KC and Carolina will give them fits. Plus they have 2 NFC East games left both on the road.

Philadelphia:

@ NY Giants

Green Bay

Seattle

NY Giants

@ St.Louis

@ Arizona

Washington

I don't like them getting 3 straight home games but they could lose 2 of them. Being 0-2 in the division and maybe 1-2 after the Dallas game still puts them in a huge hole.

If we don't win the division, I believe we are fighting with Atlants and Tampa Bay as well as the runners up in our division for the Wild Card spots.

Atlanta:

Tampa Bay

@ Detroit

@ Carolina

New Orleans

@ Chicago

@ Tampa Bay

Carolina

The only gimme here is against the Saints. This is a very tough schedule other wise!

Tampa Bay:

@ Atlanta

Chicago

@ New Orleans

@ Carolina

@ New England

Atlanta

New orleans

They have 3 straight on the road wihich I think they will lose at least 2, against carolina and New England. The 2 aginast the Saints don't make me too happy but maybe the saints could pull one out by accident. They will probably split with Atlanta.

Of all these teams plus the Redskins, WE are the only team whose opponent's records are under .500

Dallas 38-25///.603

Atlanta 38-25///.603

NYGiants 35-28///.556

Tampa Bay 34-29///.540

Philly 32-31///.508

Washington 30-33///.476

We are in great position to make our move! It's all we could havbe asked for back in August!

WOW! Dude you are good to break it down like that. However, we have to win the "fights" if we plan to be a contenders. Right now, our D, is PRETENDERS!!! Can't win like that.

I do believe that we still have a shot at 10-6. That means that we will have to man-up when our number gets called. 10-6 should earn us a playoff spot either as a wild card or possibly a divison winner because I see the Giants, Eagles and Cowboys all beating each other up. That means, if we do our part, we should still be playing in late January.

Good research and, you're right, it does paint a positive picture. However, our problem has been going out and winning winnable games!

I agree 100% that this thing is not over, but you can only lose so many times when you have a shot to win. What will we say if we lose to the Raiders this weekend? 5-5 is not the end of the world, we're still in control of our own destiny, etc.

It's all true, don't get me wrong, but we need to start going for the kill instead of winning a game and then losing the next.

Good research and, you're right, it does paint a positive picture. However, our problem has been going out and winning winnable games!

I agree 100% that this thing is not over, but you can only lose so many times when you have a shot to win. What will we say if we lose to the Raiders this weekend? 5-5 is not the end of the world, we're still in control of our own destiny, etc.

It's all true, don't get me wrong, but we need to start going for the kill instead of winning a game and then losing the next.

I disagree, if we let Norv come in our house and get a win, IT'S OVER for us. Not to be pessimistic. Just stating the obvious. The division is too tough and the NFC, particularly the east and south, have too many contenders for us to loose another game this early in the season.

I disagree, if we let Norv come in our house and get a win, IT'S OVER for us. Not to be pessimistic. Just stating the obvious. The division is too tough and the NFC, particularly the east and south, have too many contenders for us to loose another game this early in the season.

That was kind of my point. What I was trying to say is we need to start winning the winnable games...NOW. We have come out of 3 of our 4 losses with a "well, we had a chance to win and outplayed them on the road" mentality. That's not good enough. We have to tighten up and win these games.

All I was saying is you can't just look at our 5-4 record and think it's OK because it could be worse.

That was kind of my point. What I was trying to say is we need to start winning the winnable games...NOW. We have come out of 3 of our 4 losses with a "well, we had a chance to win and outplayed them on the road" mentality. That's not good enough. We have to tighten up and win these games.

All I was saying is you can't just look at our 5-4 record and think it's OK because it could be worse.

I agree with you. Sorry if I came off harsh, I am just fustrated. Every time I think about yesterday, I loose it. :(

Archived