Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

I guess the Burgundy uniforms shouldn't be used?

mcarey032

You know I am big fan of the burgundy uniforms over the white. So many other fans have told me that Gibbs prefers the white over red and that our record is better in the over red. After this loss, I guess they should consider burning the Burgundy ones. I guess this will be the only time that they get to wear them this year and hopefully the only time they lose again this season. So where do you all come out on the uniform issue?

I guess I am saying sadly that I am changing my mind and that the white uniform is the way to go.

I like the white jerseys probably because we wore them during the Joe Gibbs Glory Days but I know we are 0-2 om them since Joe Gibbs left.

We do not have much say so on what uniforms we wear on the road because the home teams have the pick of what color jersey they want to wear.

Coach Joe broke the tradition of the Redskins wearing burgandy at home when he came here in 1981. Pettibon and Norv Turner kept with the white jerseys at home while Marty returned to the burgandy tradition. Spurrier went back and forth with it and Gibbs sticks with white shirts at home again.

I doubt if we'll ever see us wear dark jerseys at home under Gibbs. Maybe on the road if the home team wears white jerseys.

If we are on the road and the HOME teams wants to wear their white

jerseys we have to wear our burgandy ones, no choice really. And we all know we wear white at home. Jersey colors dont cause turnovers.

But it does make you wonder if anyone in the Redskins organization believe they are jinxed (ala Dallas) when they wear the burgundy ones.

Archived