Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Where's the Brunell bashers now?

Drockvb

Are you crazy Brunell's running ability moves the chains alot when no one is open downfield He ran an offencve that scored 35 points aginst the number one offence, our defence did horrible aginst an offence that in my opinion IS horrible, so dont bash brunell BASH our defence, because Brunell is a great qb

I have bashed our defense, and our defensive playcalls late in the game. But this was a thread about Brunell, so thats who I wrote about. I don't care how many points our offense scored (which was 28, not 35) it wasn't enough. One of the reasons it wasn't enough, probably the biggest reason (other than Gregg Williams calling horrible defense late in the game) is Mark Brunell.

Sure, the guy made some great throws in the game. He even scrambled for a first down at one point. But lets face it, his turnovers cost us the game. You can make a point about the first INT and how it was maybe pass interference on Boldin, but the other interception and costly fumble were all on Mark.

Now, this #1 defense argument is getting quite old. Especially since Mark has been making these mistakes all season long. Its not like he just started having costly turnovers today against the #1 defense.

If Brunell can cut down on turning the ball over, we are certainly a playoff caliber team. Even with a struggling defense.

Archived