Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Where's the Brunell bashers now?

Drockvb

It was a hell of a pass, but it doesn't quite make up for the fumbles and the Ints today...

Jason

I agree the fumbles were his fault, but I don't think the interceptions were fully is fault. The first one might have been thrown a little better, but Patten should still make the catch. On the second, Patten was held by the cornerback, right in front of the ref, and the timing was thrown off.

Brunell is getting consistant.................in putting the ball on the turff when he gets hit. He gave Tampa 7 points today, and cost us the game IMO. If he hasn't learned to cover up by now, he never will. I expect him to have at least one lost ball a week at this point. They might as well put 7 to 0 at the begining of each game on the board.

That's ok though, he played his heart out and is the QB that protects the ball.............

I'll bash Mark Brunell all I want, and so should everyone else with eyes who watches Redskins football.

I thought he was the smart QB who doesn't turn the ball over? It's been on display since the Seattle game where he almost cost us the game with a INT, that he is not that kind of QB. The only thing Brunell is consistent at is being INconsistent. He turns the ball over on a weekly basis whether by fumbles, or the big pick.

BTW, I loved his bonehead run on 4th and 10. He must've forgot that he is a 35 year old QB whose best running days are over.

What a tough day to be a Skins fan. :(

I'll bash Mark Brunell all I want, and so should everyone else with eyes who watches Redskins football.

I thought he was the smart QB who doesn't turn the ball over? It's been on display since the Seattle game where he almost cost us the game with a INT, that he is not that kind of QB. The only thing Brunell is consistent at is being INconsistent. He turns the ball over on a weekly basis whether by fumbles, or the big pick.

BTW, I loved his bonehead run on 4th and 10. He must've forgot that he is a 35 year old QB whose best running days are over.

You're on Crack. The D lost the game. We scored 35 against the #1 defense and let a Rookie QB beat us.

You're on Crack. The D lost the game. We scored 35 against the #1 defense and let a Rookie QB beat us.

So I'm on crack for pointing out the obvious concerning Mark Brunell and his inconsistency?

I'm not going to disagree with you about the defense of TB, its very solid. But the fact is Brunell has been playing up and down throughout the entire season. Within the same game he can make great decisions for an entire series and then the next series come out and cough up the ball on a bonehead scramble or throw a critical INT inside of our own 20. He's amazingly Inconsistent.

To say otherwise would be dishonest.

Sh!t and Shinola. Piss poor D and BS calls. PERIOD. Brunell is looking like last year. Hammy injury??????????? again??

Oh please. You sound like a little kid. Mark Brunell only has 5 INT's on the season. And maybe if the OFFENSIVE LINE helped a bit he wouldn't be in those problems. He didn't cost us the game. The defense did.

I like Brunell because he gives us a better chance than anyone else, but he was a deer in headlights at the end of this one. 3rd and 10 and he just sails it out of bounds?? Ok, I can see how that was better than a 'forced throw' with a chance of a pick, BUT ON FOURTH DOWN HE CHOKED. WHAT IN THE WORLD was he thinking? Not only did he scramble, which was a horrible decision, he curled up like a little girl before getting hit. If you're gonna run, at least have the giggleberries to fight for the first down on the last play of the game. Instead he should have side stepped a little and bought a few more seconds. He panicked. He should have thrown it - I would have been much happier with a interception than that lame run...

So is "Boonell" back now?

Cries for Ramsey?

I'm curious.

I don't think so. I think if Gibbs can get Brunell to somehow be consistent and not turn the ball over in every game, then we are in the playoffs - even with a struggling D.

But, if we lose a bunch of games in a row and the playoffs are entirely out of reach, you'll start hearing cries for Campbell. I mean, he IS the future, hopefully.

So is "Boonell" back now?

Cries for Ramsey?

I'm curious.

I have to estimate that Brunell gives us the best chance to win. I can only estimate this because I haven't seen Ramsey play but a tiny bit, and Campbell not at all.

I'm not calling for Ramsey, but I've had about as much as I can take of Brunell getting hit and letting the ball go because he doesn't cover up. You would think that you would wrap both arms over the ball the second you were in deep trouble and a defender had a hand on ya. Nope. It didn't look to me that the ball or his arm were touched when the ball came out and Tampa recovered. Ramsey was cruisifyed for this, and is still taking flack from some of the smarter folks around here.

People say that Mark made up for his turnover with great play the rest of the game. When you lose by one point, and the other team got seven as a direct result of that turn over, I just can't see it as redemption.

Are you crazy Brunell's running ability moves the chains alot when no one is open downfield He ran an offencve that scored 35 points aginst the number one offence, our defence did horrible aginst an offence that in my opinion IS horrible, so dont bash brunell BASH our defence, because Brunell is a great qb

I have a love hate feeling for Brunell. Awesome QB with a great arm but exposes the ball when he runs and doesn't protect the ball which causes fumbles. He causes costly mistakes which NEEDS TO STOP! But the defense is the one to point the finger at today... I have to say I am very disappointed that GW continued to blitz and force our secondaries to cover the WR one on one. (which we are getting smoked) If the redskins even want a shot at the playoffs they need to play smarter football! pentalies, fumbles, and interceptions are in need of drastic improvement

Archived