Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

What's with all the fumbles???

PREDICTOR

Let me be the first to say it....the Redskins can't hang on to the football.

Who cares if the ball bounces into their hands or they recover...I just want to know WHY the Redskins players keep fumbling everytime they are hit. Are they sissies or pansies or do they grease their hands up before the game with vaseline?

I have NEVER in half a century of watching football seen a team that is so bad at hanging on to the football...well, actually I have seen other teams but mostly they were the horrible Saints teams of the 60's.

Everytime a Skin catches a ball and begins running, I clench my teeth and stop breathing, because I literally EXPECT a fumble...and darned if they didn't come through for me tonight. It seemed like a fumble on every other play.

This is the WORST team in football in that respect. Regardless of who recovers, this team fumbles more than any team in the league...and despite what Joe Gibbs says about not knowing why...I will tell you why: its the wrong players. Great players rarely fumble. This team is FULL of fumblers.

Did you notice the obligatory once per game fumble for Brunell?

Is this a built in PLAY which is gameplanned? It must be, because I see it every game.

Didn't Patrick lose his job due to a fumble...a fumble which came after a 3 step drop and a Chicago Bear leaped over an offensive lineman and illegally hit Patrick in the head? Yet we see Brunell fumble week after week after week and his band of merry men are also contirbuting about 10 other fumbles....

My goodness...Patrick Ramsey and Antonio Brown must stay up at night trying to figure out how they lost jobs on 1 fumble.... and all these other dudes can fumble over and over and keep getting praised. Its like the Bermuda Triangle...it doesn't make any sense and nobody can believe it....but its true.

Did you notice the obligatory once per game fumble for Brunell?

Is this a built in PLAY which is gameplanned? It must be, because I see it every game.

Didn't Patrick lose his job due to a fumble...a fumble which came after a 3 step drop and a Chicago Bear leaped over an offensive lineman and illegally hit Patrick in the head? Yet we see Brunell fumble week after week after week and his band of merry men are also contirbuting about 10 other fumbles....

My goodness...Patrick Ramsey and Antonio Brown must stay up at night trying to figure out how they lost jobs on 1 fumble.... and all these other dudes can fumble over and over and keep getting praised. Its like the Bermuda Triangle...it doesn't make any sense and nobody can believe it....but its true.

brunell has more tds then ints

ramsey will never beat dallas

antanio brown been haveing fumbleing problems since last year and he cant catch

thrash and betts are great backup wr, rb

brunell has more tds then ints

ramsey will never beat dallas

antanio brown been haveing fumbleing problems since last year and he cant catch

thrash and betts are great backup wr, rb

ACTUALLY, PATRICK RAMSEY DID BEAT DALLAS...HIS ROOKIE SEASON. So much for YOUR knowledge.

seems like the teams we play, they always lead with their helmets.. busted our ball handers in the arm or elbow and the arm lets go.. try hitting ur funny bone, softly, by instincts it will go straight.. imagine a helmet coming at ur arm going full speed.. ouch..am i the only one who have been catching this...and portis is not a gibbs runner..im strarting to think we got the better side of the cp and cb trade..

ACTUALLY, PATRICK RAMSEY DID BEAT DALLAS...HIS ROOKIE SEASON. So much for YOUR knowledge.

Patrick Ramsey did not win that game. He was 17 for 31 for 209 yards, 0 TDs and 2 INTs. One of which was taken to the house by Williams. LA scored a DTD in that game, and Kenny Watson had a TD run. Ramsey had no part in that victory; in fact he was doing everything in his power to lose the game.

Of course you are so intelligent you already knew that...:rolleyes:

Wow, Predictor. Did you just decide to rain on EVERYBODY'S parade tonight? Why all the negativity man? Can't you atleast be happy we won for 24 hours, before you start gloom and dooming. Jeez, the way your posting tonight, it's like we lost 36-0 again. Good teams overcome their mistakes, and the Redskins are a good team.

Wow, Predictor. Did you just decide to rain on EVERYBODY'S parade tonight? Why all the negativity man? Can't you atleast be happy we won for 24 hours, before you start gloom and dooming. Jeez, the way your posting tonight, it's like we lost 36-0 again. Good teams overcome their mistakes, and the Redskins are a good team.

Predictor speaks the truth.

A win is a win but we won't win many if we can't hang on to the football.

But I understand this is a Redskins site and fans will always look passed mistakes as long as the team wins. The question is, how many games can we win losing the turnover battle every time?

Predictor speaks the truth.

A win is a win but we won't win many if we can't hang on to the football.

But I understand this is a Redskins site and fans will always look passed mistakes as long as the team wins. The question is, how many games can we win losing the turnover battle every time?

We didn't lose the turnover battle tonight though, because we recovered all but one of our fumbles. We may be lucky, but good teams also have a little luck on their side sometimes as well. I believe the fumbling problem will weed itself out. Joey T was sayin on ESPN that Gibbs made all the principal players in the offense carry a ball the whole practice on Friday to illustrate that we have to hold on to the ball. I see no reason for that to change this week, and I'm sure he'll have certain individuals do that again.

As far as we won't win many if we can't hang on to the ball. I agree, but we are 5-3.

Most of Brunell's fumbles are a result of Samuels getting beat to the outside by a speed rusher who gets a hand in right when he's ****ed to throw. Freeney would have a field day against Samuels.

Or Brunell isn't stepping up even though the pressure is coming from his left. Brunell also brings the arm down pretty low and it's easy for a guy to dive at it with an arm and knock it out.

The job of the OT IS to ride the DE out, while the QB steps into the pocket and escapes the parabolic trajectory of the DE.

Archived