Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Defense

Taylor 21

All i have to say is, they played great. I mean to hold the eagles offense to 50 something rushing yards was tremendous, no big runs allowed this game. The passing game wasnt too bad except for a few big plays but all in all it was good. Ryan clark, great job on the interception. Arrington played great, some key tackles for losses by arrington. Marshall play good as well. Harris could of tackled better, but he did end up with 4+ tackles i believe. But all and all you guys played great. My hats off to you.

The Eagles are a good, solid offense. They make big plays. We largely held them down and did well tonight. The defense stepped up well, but, still isn't at the level of last year. The big thing is we are so dinged up that if we get a couple back healthier soon we might be great again :).

We can't really brag about holding them to 50 some yards rushing. Their the worst team in the league in rushing. We still are giving up big plays for TD's. I would much rather see teams that score against us have to drive the ball more than they do. We have now gave up plays averaging OVER 50 YARDS in 7 of our 8 games. I don't think their is a stat on it but we have to be leading the league in giving up big plays on defense.

I only have three concerns right now.

1) Fumbles.

What more can I say.

2) Our Defense is starting to scare me a bit.

We have got to play better Defense if we want to go to the playoffs. There is no pressure from our front four and our defensive backs tend to give the receivers too much space in my opinion.

3) Our Running game has not been to hot.

In fact our running game has been so bad that you see Brunell throwing the ball on third and short more the 90% of the time. Our front line needs to move some bodies. If you remember the Brunell fumble, it was a third and 1 or 2. This is where you pound the ball like Pittsburg does.

Once Gibbs gets the team to do better in these areas then we will be a serious competitor.

Bottom line is that this team has come a long way in the last two years. I feel very optimistic about this team. We have a core group of guys and Brunell has a few more good years left.

Archived