Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Darrell Green Defends/Rides Again!

Doctor ToughLove

Actually, Doctor ToughLove, Mr. Leftwich graduated from H.D. Woodson. Former OLman Andy Heck however, was a W.T. Woodson guy if memory serves. But we did have a damn good team way back when when I played J.V. there as well as the varsity. Annandale always seemed to come out on top back then, ( best program the Refs could by. :rolleyes: ). I remember when Chantilly was a School in the boonies and Southlakes was in it's first year. When I used to play at Oakton during my Babe Ruth years, damn near hitting one out at Robinson, and almost pitching a no hitter at Fairfax, ( best baseball field in NOVA at the time). Sigh. It was so small back then. :silly:

Annandale always seemed to come out on top back then, ( best program the Refs could by. :rolleyes: )

Blasphemer!! How dare you speak of Annandale in such a manner. Watch your words Cavalier or else this Atom will go Nuclear on your A55.

But in all seriousness, I got to Annandale a year after they went on their 3peat State Title run. After that, man the team was a disaster. No one seemed to care for football when I got there. It was all about our State Championship LaX team. Sure, play LaX in HS then in college, but then what?

It is different with O'Connell since it is a private school. I can understand if a kid is playing at a different school inside his county then he is supposed to be. When I grew up in Arlington I was in the WL district, now it is Yorktown, the lines change all the year. The problem DG has gotten himself into is he jumped a county going from Loudon to Fairfax is a huge deal.

Yes I knew O'Connell was a private school (& incidently where Gibran Hamdan went to school). My point was more that if Darrell Green has multiple residences in Fairfax County that gives him an easy out doesn't it? Seams resonable since Oakton (the new school) & O'Connell (the old school) are also in close proximity. And both schools are far from the Ashburn address.

The timing is strange but shows someone was sitting on it the entire time. My brother used to teach at the school DG's son went to and rumor is DG cursed everyone out because he thought they were being racist to his son because of the grades he got. In reality they were just doing their job, and DG was just not happy with it.

Interesting, makes me wonder if that is why Darrell Green sent Jared to O'Connell private school because he was unhappy with the Loudoun schools system and now Oakton in Faifax county. Personally I am not taken in by rumors as people would tell your brother what ever was required to exonerate themselves. Especially in county as troubled as Loudoun.

Yes I think you are right about someone sitting on it the entire time and waiting for a more opportune moment like the end of the season. Do you think it could be someone from the Loudoun school system who was bitter?

If I was the coach I would just not play Jared until it is solved, the sad thing is he is the only one that will suffer from this.

Jared Green did not play last week, so it looks like the coaches are following your lead. But I think it is bogus they can forfeit games already played where no complaints were made.

Blasphemer!! How dare you speak of Annandale in such a manner. Watch your words Cavalier or else this Atom will go Nuclear on your A55.

But in all seriousness, I got to Annandale a year after they went on their 3peat State Title run. After that, man the team was a disaster. No one seemed to care for football when I got there. It was all about our State Championship LaX team. Sure, play LaX in HS then in college, but then what?

Knew there had to be an Atoms fan around somewhere. They haven't cured that yet I'm afraid. ;) You had to be there then. Trust me.

Actually, Doctor ToughLove, Mr. Leftwich graduated from H.D. Woodson. Former OLman Andy Heck however, was a W.T. Woodson guy if memory serves. But we did have a damn good team way back when when I played J.V. there as well as the varsity. Annandale always seemed to come out on top back then, ( best program the Refs could by. :rolleyes: ). I remember when Chantilly was a School in the boonies and Southlakes was in it's first year. When I used to play at Oakton during my Babe Ruth years, damn near hitting one out at Robinson, and almost pitching a no hitter at Fairfax, ( best baseball field in NOVA at the time). Sigh. It was so small back then. :silly:

Yes it was small back then. That was the days before they built Fair Oaks Mall. Before Grant Hill was at South Lakes. Now I didn't know that about Andy Heck. I remember Seattle RB Chris Warren came from Robinson. No kidding, you went to Oakton for a while too (sounds like you might have been playing out of your district too *just kidding*) Ok I heard Leftwich was from one of the Woodsons, that's why I asked. Is that the Woodson on 236, between 123 & Pickett?

2 of the best schools ever mentioned in this thread. CHANTILLY HIGH CLASS OF 2000!!!! We won the football state championships in '96 with Bhawoh Jue. He's on the Chargers now.... I was a freshman.

JMU CLASS OF 2004/2005!!!!!

Hahahaha sorry, off topic. I LOVE Darrell Green. Let his kids go to whatever school he chooses. If DGreen were poor, he'd be able to send his kids to whatever school he wanted to because of vouchers, and they wouldn't be complaining then, would they?

No kidding? So Bhawoh Jue went for the Chantilly Chargers to the San Diego Chargers, how ironic. I never rubbed elbow with anyone that did that well. At Oakton Danny Burmiester was Oakton's first all-american he was a scab on the Dallas Cowboys one year (not our proudest moment:laugh: ).

Oh hell. Back when Dulles was farmland. I didn't go to Oakton, but did play baseball there alot from 14-17 in Babe Ruth. J.V. football was a home game for us. Yep. Woodson is right there on 236 at the top of the hill coming in from Annandale or in from Fairfax City. Right across from Fair City Mall. Yeah. Head right up Pickett Rd and when you hit the light at 236, keep going straight and to your right will be W.T. Woodson. To your left is a residential area that use to be.......Skyline or something golf course and rec center. Straight ahead is Robert Frost Jr. High.

Oh hell. Back when Dulles was farmland. I didn't go to Oakton, but did play baseball there alot from 14-17 in Babe Ruth. J.V. football was a home game for us. Yep. Woodson is right there on 236 at the top of the hill coming in from Annandale or in from Fairfax City. Right across from Fair City Mall. Yeah. Head right up Pickett Rd and when you hit the light at 236, keep going straight and to your right will be W.T. Woodson. To your left is a residential area that use to be.......Skyline or something golf course and rec center. Straight ahead is Robert Frost Jr. High.

Yes the one near Fair City Mall. They still have the Country Buffet and the Movie Theatre which does a lot of foriegn films & art's film now days. Know the area well, though I didn't know a lot of people from the school. I remember in my day, Woodson had a pretty good team.

• 2 weeks later...

UPDATE: Darrel Green Officially Vindicated. Jared Green eligible to play.

Fairfax County Student Activities Director Paul Jansen concluded that Jared Green (Darrel Green's son) maintained permanent residence in the Oakton district and was not in violation of the Virginia High School League's dual residency rule."All we did is review the documentation, talk to a lot of people and check on some things," Jansen said. "Everything was in line. He was never ineligible."

Opposing coaches and players had complained that Jared Green lived in Ashburn, at an address in Loudon County's Broad Run district, Darrell Green said last week.

Oakton's football team will not be forced to forfeit games nor lose its berth in the playoffs after an investigation failed to find evidence that the school had violated rules by playing the son of former Redskins star Darrell Green, Oakton Athletic Director Phil Levine confirmed yesterday.

The decision, first reported in yesterday's Washington Examiner, ended a weeklong Fairfax County investigation into Jared Green's residency and ensures that Oakton, ranked No. 18 in the Washington area by The Post, will compete in the Virginia AAA Northern Region Division 6 playoffs, which start Nov. 18.

Oakton High School is cleared for playing Darrell Green's son, Jared Green. Darrell Green & his son are vindicated for supposedly playing outside his district. His son Jared Green is allowed to play for Oakton High School.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2005/11/09/AR2005110902193.html

Play offs start today. With Jared Green & Oakton high school playing tonight. Anyone going to any of the games?

TC Williams grad here. I'm indifferent since I hate Oakton.

Good to hear from some of the locals. TC Williams had some pretty good Football years. It looks like Loudoun County tried to pull a fast one, and wound up ebarassing itself trying to take on Darrell & Jared Green.

Wow did you see the crabby Baltimore guy. I say if he makes it our way to Alexandria, we take him out, get him some drinks, get the poor guy laid. Maybe even take him to some of Sonny's old haunts around here.

Archived