Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Darrell Green Defends/Rides Again!

Doctor ToughLove

Son of Former Redskins Star Accused of Living Outside Enrollment District.

Oakton Highschool Football Program Under Investigation.

Opposing coaches and players say Jared Green, a junior wide receiver, lives outside Oakton Highschool's enrollment district. If Oakton is found to have played an ineligible student by Virginia High School League rules, the Cougars could be forced to forfeit every game in which he played.

If Oakton had to forfeit games, it would have an immediate impact on a close playoff race. With one Division 6 playoff spot guaranteed to go to the Patriot District champion, four Concorde District powerhouses -- Oakton, No. 7 Westfield (8-0), No. 8 Centreville (6-2) and No. 9 Robinson (7-1) -- are battling for three spots.

"The essence of Darrell Green is integrity, so let me put this clearly," Darrell Green said. "[My son, Jared Green] absolutely, unequivocally has a right to be at that school. They can ask questions and do whatever they want. He will be vindicated."

"We try to backtrack some of the anonymous sources and figure out what all the motives are," said Paul Jansen, the county's student activities director.

-----------------------------------------------------

-----------------------------------------------------

So folks, who do you think the "anonymous sources" are? What do you think the motives are? (goofing encouraged)

I think it sounds like some of the schools in the playoff race are a little bit worried. But taking on Darrell Green was a dumb idea, they won't win & they may get themselves & their school embarassed. And I wouldn't want to be "the people or school who cheapshotted Darrell Green & his son" in this area. You would be hard pressed to find a Redskins as beloved to this locale as Darrell Green. He has his own street named after him - Route 28 Darrel Green Boulevard. What do you think...might be time for someone to move? :laugh:

I am an Oakton alumni (they played for the State Championship a few years ago) and remember when it was "Redskins High" in the days when the Beathards & Gibbs kids went & played there. So I am doubly sympathetic. Go Oakton Cougars! Go Jared Green! And bring on my locals...on Oakton, on Fairfax, on Centerville, on TC Williams, on Robinson, on Broad Run. I want to hear you!

"The essence of Darrell Green is integrity, so let me put this clearly," Darrell Green said

Don't you just love it when they speak in the third person? :laugh: :rolleyes:

By the way, been to a few games and not very impressed with his kid's playing skills. Darrell Green he is not!!! In fact, they have better players at that position and I believe he is getting the starting nod because of ol pops.

This has to deal with DG pissing off someone when he called a school racist in Ashburn I believe and took his kid out.

His son has 5 catches for 41 yards for the season, so you know this is not coming from another coach, the kid doesn't play much. The sad thing is rules are rules, he lives in Loudon and his kid goes to a school in FFX, that is a little strange if you ask me.

I am an Oakton alumni (they played for the State Championship a few years ago) and remember when it was "Redskins High" in the days when the Beathards & Gibbs kids went & played there. So I am doubly sympathetic. Go Oakton Cougars! Go Jared Green! And bring on my locals...on Oakton, on Fairfax, on Centerville, on TC Williams, on Robinson, on Broad Run. I want to hear you!

Park View High Alum here. Can't feel your Broad Run sentiments, bro.

"Does Rvan1 have to fight a jerk or two?"

Yes Rvan1, I think you have to fight a jerk or two. *high-five*

Come on folks, Darrell Green used his name to defend his family name, not promote himself (what is wrong about that?). And Darrell Green didn't do it for the NFL, he did it for his son. This obviously is not a case of player trying to draw attention to himself.

As a graduate of W.T. Woodson, PCS believes he's seen stuff like this before in yonder land of NOVA. PCS also believes that.....aw hell. DG doing his dad thing and he's more than smart enough to see the convenient timing of the accusation.

PCS is done now.

:movefast:

As a graduate of W.T. Woodson, PCS believes he's seen stuff like this before in yonder land of NOVA. PCS also believes that.....aw hell. DG doing his dad thing and he's more than smart enough to see the convenient timing of the accusation.

PCS is done now.

:movefast:

you went to WT :cheers:

another local doing good things out there :applause:

went to Centreville, funny how 5 of the concorde district schools are ranked in the top 25, Westfield, Centreville, Robinson, Oakton, Herndon. They just kinda took all the schools and put the best in the concorde recently it seems by moving Robinson over.

I also heard that Darrell Green has a daughter who goes to JMU, shes a roommate of an aquaintance of mine.

If they started investigating where every kid lives, they would find more than one that doesn't live within the boundaries of the school they attend.

This happens all the time out here in the western part of Fairfax County and not just because of sports.

Geographically, you have 4 or 5 schools were the boundaries are all messed up. You have kids that live a mile away from one school but have to go to another school miles away because the boundary is just across the street from where they live.

So what do they do? They find out that Grandma lives inside the boudary and use her address.

The Concorde District is just full of powerhouse teams. It's sad for a lot of good teams who feast on the rest of the Districts and end up killing each other to make the playoffs. Sort of like the NFL this year. You have 4 good teams in the East and no worthy teams in the North.

This has to deal with DG pissing off someone when he called a school racist in Ashburn I believe and took his kid out.

His son has 5 catches for 41 yards for the season, so you know this is not coming from another coach, the kid doesn't play much. The sad thing is rules are rules, he lives in Loudon and his kid goes to a school in FFX, that is a little strange if you ask me.

If they started investigating where every kid lives, they would find more than one that doesn't live within the boundaries of the school they attend.

This happens all the time out here in the western part of Fairfax County and not just because of sports.

Geographically, you have 4 or 5 schools were the boundaries are all messed up. You have kids that live a mile away from one school but have to go to another school miles away because the boundary is just across the street from where they live.

So what do they do? They find out that Grandma lives inside the boudary and use her address.

The Concorde District is just full of powerhouse teams. It's sad for a lot of good teams who feast on the rest of the Districts and end up killing each other to make the playoffs. Sort of like the NFL this year. You have 4 good teams in the East and no worthy teams in the North.

Fair point, Mr. Jbooma on the Loudoun address. But Mr. Nighthawk pointed out is also true - Darrell Green does have many properties in Fairfax County, as has been reported. Makes sense too since the Bishop O'Connell school (Jared Green's school for his first 2 years) is 3 counties over from that one Loudoun address brought up. Also if Darrel Green couldn't back it up, why would he dig his grave deeper by saying this? He does have integrity.

Great insight, Jbooma on the racism issue. I'll be the first to say Loudoun County has notorious redneck cronyism, parts are embarassingly backwards. Case in point the county sheriff who fired a supervisor for investigating a jailed womans rape by his officers (the fired supervisor sought a medical examination that would conclusively clear his officers or conclusively establish the rape).

Regardless of Jared Green's playing ability (& actually even more so if he allegedly is not that great) one has to question the timing of this accusation. Why wasn't this brought up ealier in the year before the playoffs were on the line? So they could pocket it for later, if they needed it? Sounds desperate.

Good points, guys.

Fair point, Mr. Jbooma on the Loudoun address. But Mr. Nighthawk pointed out is also true - Darrell Green does have many properties in Fairfax County, as has been reported. Makes sense too since the Bishop O'Connell school (Jared Green's school for his first 2 years) is 3 counties over from that one Loudoun address brought up. Also if Darrel Green couldn't back it up, why would he dig his grave deeper by saying this? He does have integrity.

It is different with O'Connell since it is a private school. I can understand if a kid is playing at a different school inside his county then he is supposed to be. When I grew up in Arlington I was in the WL district, now it is Yorktown, the lines change all the year. The problem DG has gotten himself into is he jumped a county going from Loudon to Fairfax is a huge deal.

The timing is strange but shows someone was sitting on it the entire time. My brother used to teach at the school DG's son went to and rumor is DG cursed everyone out because he thought they were being racist to his son because of the grades he got. In reality they were just doing their job, and DG was just not happy with it.

If I was the coach I would just not play Jared until it is solved, the sad thing is he is the only one that will suffer from this.

I go to chantilly high, where oakton is our rival..pretty interesting though

Bleeding Burgandy, I went to many of football game at Chantilly. In my day you always beat us. Irony is Oakton was not a very good football school in those days.

Park View High Alum here. Can't feel your Broad Run sentiments, bro.

Jabronijames, it's quite alright. I knew more people from Park View than I did Broad Run. Just didn't type Park View up off the top of my head (forgive my geezer-ly-ness). Glad to see Park View represented.

Park City Skin, isn't Woodson where Bryon Leftwich played? Woodson always had a pretty good football program when I was growing up.

went to Centreville, funny how 5 of the concorde district schools are ranked in the top 25, Westfield, Centreville, Robinson, Oakton, Herndon. They just kinda took all the schools and put the best in the concorde recently it seems by moving Robinson over.

I also heard that Darrell Green has a daughter who goes to JMU, shes a roommate of an aquaintance of mine.

Mr. S, isn't Centerville where 4 time Superbowl tight-end, Don Warren coached the football team? I hear you guys are now a big rival of Oaktons.

My cousin went to school with Jared in the 5th grade

H-O-G, no kidding? Not bad. When I was in Oakton Kirk & Casey Beathard played, JT & Coy Gibbs, and even Cratin McCullan?sp? (whose dad was managing the Washinton Federals, USFL?or something?).

2 of the best schools ever mentioned in this thread. CHANTILLY HIGH CLASS OF 2000!!!! We won the football state championships in '96 with Bhawoh Jue. He's on the Chargers now.... I was a freshman.

JMU CLASS OF 2004/2005!!!!!

Hahahaha sorry, off topic. I LOVE Darrell Green. Let his kids go to whatever school he chooses. If DGreen were poor, he'd be able to send his kids to whatever school he wanted to because of vouchers, and they wouldn't be complaining then, would they?

I really think its stupid I think the high school players should be able to go wherever they want within a reasonable distance as long as you have the transportation to make it to school on time everyday because you have alot of kids that have great talent but don't get looked at by scouts because there team sucks,I played football at Washington-Lee high school in arlington and to be honest the school is not that great when it comes to football,it seems like they're cursed.We had guys that had some great talent but I can only think of one division 2 college that would come look at em and thats because the defensive cordinator would send tapes of guys to the college he played at,not because scouts heard of them.

Archived