Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

What are the eagles going to do?

SUNSTONE

They must know that we are going to follow the success of all the teams that beat them bad.

Dallas and the Broncos.

Blitz, blitz, blitz.

I expect them to run a lot at first to see just how weak are run D is.

Plus it takes some pressure off of McNabb, and gets the first round jitters off.

Passing will be a lot of play action, and shotgun.

I don't think they will panic. Seeing that we didn't score a point last week, and their D is good, they are probably thinking they have the advantage.

I expect them to run about 50%.

Hit McNabb alot and you probably win. make him scrape himself off the turf after each and every attempt. He wont be that effective.

Westbrook is surprisingly more effective between the tackles than people give him credit for. Andy Reid needs to start running it at teams with Gordon and Westbrook. McNabb is completely off this year for obvious reasons, yet they still put games on his shoulders.

Also, if you guys take some deep shots at them early, get em behind, you can force McNabb to carry the team.

On taht note, I expect Philly to keep the heat on Brunell. Over there last 4 seasons of success, their biggest staple was getting after your QB. No matter what, they found a way to pressure you. They havent seemed as aggressive this year, so I would expect them to maybe change that a bit. They have to be feeling a sense of urgency. And by you, I mean eveyone they played

I expect them to run a lot at first to see just how weak are run D is.

Plus it takes some pressure off of McNabb, and gets the first round jitters off.

Passing will be a lot of play action, and shotgun.

I think you nailed it right there. I expect a lot of run & short passes to Westbrook, he has way more big play potential than Tiki Barber. Gregg Williams better have that fixed up or we will get burnt bad.

With Owens out & McNabb hurting, Springs & Arrington are likely to have big games if given the chance. I don't think the Eagles will give them the chance though.

I see them coming out running also, but it wont work. GW has hammered that part home all week into the defense: stop the runs for crying out loud.

Lavar is going to pivotal part for the defense, he changes this game and GW has been working him into the lineup just for these next couple games.

Hes our ace in the hole.

I think we definitly need to bring the pressure until they show us that they can beat it.

But

We don't need to do what the Broncos did, which was blitz every down.

They gave up 90 yard TD.

I don't believe in bringing the house when a team is on their own 10 or 20, atleast not every down.

The eagles don't panic, and they don't give up.

They have a great staff, and they will find some holes to exploit if we just keep rushing.

I think our offense needs to be patient, and not force things. Because that's where the Eags are going to expect some points, from turnovers that we give them.

We need to wait for the right moment to strike.

I just love how every week everyone keeps expecting Andy Reid to start running the ball, they keep going against running Defenses that give up yards and they keep doing nothing but passing. I don't understand this line of thought. Andy Reid has said on numerous occasions that if he had things his way he would do nothing but pass, he hates to run the ball, him being the head coach at the time I was wondering whose call was it really. Well I guess whoever kept calling the plays the other way is not longer a factor and Reid is having his way, and they are doing nothing but pass. I think the skins need to prepare for the run, but in reality, untill they show that they are gonna start runnin the ball, I won't believe they will do anything other than keep passing the ball forever.

If Philly doesn't at least TRY to run to our Right Side than I see him being murdered by the Philly Fans when he returns home. The strengths play to our strengths. They pass and we are good against the pass. Hopefully the coaches and player can figure out whats wrong with the right side of our D and we can get productive games from Griffin and Salavea, whoI think are the keys to stopping the run. Man, we sure do miss Brandon Noble this year.

They are still the best screen team in the league. You beat our defense by getting to the outside and use the aggressive nature or our linebackers and safeties against them. Make them over pursue the play. No matter what they do if we stay at home and get good run support from our corners we will be fine. If TO is out I would let Springs lock up on Lewis all night long. Let ST cover the TE and put an extra saftey in the game to either enter the box or stay back in coverage on their second reciever. Either McMullen or Darcurian. Ryan Clark can cover those guys in his sleep.

Archived