Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Why David Patten?

Waleo32

"I don't control where the quarterback goes with the ball or when my play is called, so the bottom line is being positive and focusing on the team aspect, and I've been conditioned over my nine years to do that. But it's extremely frustrating; I'd be lying if I told you anything otherwise. But it's just the way it is. It's the nature of the beast, and that's what shows a great team: when you have guys who can acknowledge that, accept that, and deal with what they are dealt with."

Whats wrong with what he said. I see a man who wants to help us win. He's a veteran and has been 2nd fittle for his entire career. After the giants game he was just frustrated. Id rather have a player who wants to contribute than a player who just wants to get paid.

"I don't control where the quarterback goes with the ball or when my play is called, so the bottom line is being positive and focusing on the team aspect, and I've been conditioned over my nine years to do that. But it's extremely frustrating; I'd be lying if I told you anything otherwise. But it's just the way it is. It's the nature of the beast, and that's what shows a great team: when you have guys who can acknowledge that, accept that, and deal with what they are dealt with."

Whats wrong with what he said. I see a man who wants to help us win. He's a veteran and has been 2nd fittle for his entire career. After the giants game he was just frustrated. Id rather have a player who wants to contribute than a player who just wants to get paid.

I understand what you're saying, but he's not good. He's not a proven player. The only reason he did ok with the Pats was because he was covered by 4th cb on the Depth Chart, or even LBs. New England ran a spread offense. He's now being covered by better corners. Patten isn't good. That's all. He can try to help but he's not getting open, or making the key catch.

god people it was ONE GAME, stop with these rediculous threads

Yeah, one game, THIS SEASON! Look back more than a few years and see where the "one game" got us. It's always been "one game." Well I take that to mean, it's always one game that starts the downfall. Not bashing only keeping it real. If we beat Philly, then we can say maybe, but if not, then this will be another "one game".

Yeah, one game, THIS SEASON! Look back more than a few years and see where the "one game" got us. It's always been "one game." Well I take that to mean, it's always one game that starts the downfall. Not bashing only keeping it real. If we beat Philly, then we can say maybe, but if not, then this will be another "one game".

So what exactly is your point????

You don't air out your dirty laundry through the media. I have no problems with his mindset. In fact, I'd be worried if he felt content with his current production. However, if your frustrated, tell the coach, not the media.

He had to have been asked something by a reporter, wanting to stir up some sh*t.

I find it extremely difficult to believe that he'd volunteer a statement like this after one of the worst games of the year. Otherwise, he could have said this after the 49ers game or, better yet, not said it at all.

Ok, im not a patten hater or am saying this cuase im upset with our sorry effort sunday. But really, ive seen alot from taylor jacobs this season like the following...

He worked/works hard in the offseason.

He's jerry rice in football practice.

Ive seen him make some key blocks this season.

Hes looked pretty clutch and i was impressed when he was running through a linebackers and a corners zone and patrick ramsey threw it to him and he was able to catch it.

Wasnt he one of the premier wide recievers at college football at the time?

I say move david patten to 4th reciever, james thrash to number 2 reciever, and then taylor jacobs to number 3 reciever.

Im really starting to see what the players have been seeing. If patten is somewhat the reason while were doing so well with his leadership qualities then ok keep thrash at 3 and patten at 2 and maybe once in a while switch taylor with patten and see what he can do then.

Lets not keep jacobs in only 4 and 5 reciever sets ecpecially what we have been hearing in practice for the last few years.

Archived