Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

42-10

s0crates

Reeves was an idiot...he drafted a 245 pound NT out of Syracuse named Ted Gregory in the 1st round and said it was "almost unfair". He was right...guy would get blown 10 yards off the ball every play. He had 10 years to give Elway the supporting cast for a Superbowl winner...and never did.

Good riddance.:evil:

The version I always played on NES was definitely the Redskins Super Bowl season. I don't know if there were multiple versions. My family was always a little behind, so it's very possible we didn't pick it up untill after it had been out for a year and maybe they updated it.

I think it was based on the 1991 season. I know for sure it was Rypien, Byner, and the Posse.

The one that had a giants player on it? Yeah it came out in 1991 but it may have been based on 1991. I may be wrong. All I do remember was paying more attention to it instead of my new wife. :D

It was a very fun game!

This thread rox! Super Bowl XXII and Tecmo Super Bowl. All this nostalgia. And Gibbs is 3-0. It is like some kind of dream world.

Actually, I think a most of us do remember that game. Had it gone the other way, I'm sure that most people would refer to that as the greatest skins team rather than the '91 team. Also, we would probably be mentioned in the same breath as the 49ers as far teams from the 80s go.

Reeves was an idiot...he drafted a 245 pound NT out of Syracuse named Ted Gregory in the 1st round and said it was "almost unfair". He was right...guy would get blown 10 yards off the ball every play. He had 10 years to give Elway the supporting cast for a Superbowl winner...and never did.

Good riddance.:evil:

Elway always had the supporting cast, he was just a proffessional choker. The Broncos finally had to cheat and bring in Mark Schlereth while exceeding the cap. The Broncos are well known as the dirtiest team in NFL history. :broncosuc

Shanahan drafted Maurice Clarett :laugh:

Elway can't even hold Marino's jock, hell, he can't even hold Favre's, Montana's, Young's and many others. :broncosuc :broncosuc

Actually, I think a most of us do remember that game. Had it gone the other way, I'm sure that most people would refer to that as the greatest skins team rather than the '91 team. Also, we would probably be mentioned in the same breath as the 49ers as far teams from the 80s go.

This is true. I have most games from 1983 on tape and we were dominating. Our only two losses were both by one point. That 48 they gave up against the Packers was inexcusable. I'm thinking the other game was where Howard Cossell referred to one of Dallas' players as a "little monkey" and he caught some heat for it. :laugh:

42-10

My first memory as a Redskins fan, being 6 and watching that game

I just remember watching the white jersey's get in the end zone a lot more then those puke orange jersey's.

42-10. Wow

Records set

That is a lot like my experience. I haven't missed a 'skins game since. I bet a lot of 20 something year olds from the DC area are lifetime 'skins fans for this very reason.

Elway always had the supporting cast, he was just a proffessional choker. The Broncos finally had to cheat and bring in Mark Schlereth while exceeding the cap. The Broncos are well known as the dirtiest team in NFL history. :broncosuc

Shanahan drafted Maurice Clarett :laugh:

Elway can't even hold Marino's jock, hell, he can't even hold Favre's, Montana's, Young's and many others. :broncosuc :broncosuc

And you would know all this because you're...23 YEARS OLD? LOL...you were born the year Elway played his senior year in college...so you don't know crap. Yea...we won 2 Super bowls because of Mark Schlereth...that's rich. Dirtiest team in NFL history? HAAAA!!! You're so delusional...ever hear of Conrad Dobler youngster? Rosie Greer? Butkus? Tatum? Naw...you never seen them play did ya...these guys today aren't dirty...they're gentlemen compared to the old school hard core NFL SOB's...Marinos jock? You can hold Marino's jock if you want to...I'm sure you do. Marino has how many Lombardis? Oh right...zero.

Name the all pro players who played for Denver with Elway in the Reeves era? Google it if you wish...good luck.

Nitwit...we need to spend more on public education.

I was a student at the time attending Brigham Young University. My wife had gone away for the weekend and I was prepared for a great day of Redskins' football.

Still in the first quarter, around about the time Doug Williams went down with an injury, a couple of well intentioned gentleman from church showed up at my door and asked if they could come in for a few minutes. Without hesitating, I invited them in and even turned the TV off. To this day I can't believe I let them in much less turned the TV off.

After they left I turned the TV on just in time for the start of the 2nd quarter and the beginning of the most dominating quarter of football in Super Bowl history. Coincidence? Maybe. Regardless, I like to think I did my part that day. :)

I was a student at the time attending Brigham Young University. My wife had gone away for the weekend and I was prepared for a great day of Redskins' football.

Still in the first quarter, around about the time Doug Williams went down with an injury, a couple of well intentioned gentleman from church showed up at my door and asked if they could come in for a few minutes. Without hesitating, I invited them in and even turned the TV off. To this day I can't believe I let them in much less turned the TV off.

After they left I turned the TV on just in time for the start of the 2nd quarter and the beginning of the most dominating quarter of football in Super Bowl history. Coincidence? Maybe. Regardless, I like to think I did my part that day. :)

Great Post! Just what I wanted to see in this thread. Thanx, and welcome to the boards.

That is a lot like my experience. I haven't missed a 'skins game since. I bet a lot of 20 something year olds from the DC area are lifetime 'skins fans for this very reason.

Do the Shins still sell out every game? I now the Packers do and we do...all the way back to '67...here in Dallas you can buy season tix any time...LOL...like I'd want to... In Denver there's a waiting list of about 40,000...you have to have them willed to you by a relative who dies. What's the story in DC?

Everytime you call us the Shins, I pretty much take it as a compliment. I suppose they need to be around for longer and continue to make good music to be considered a great band, but Chutes to Narrow is a great album, one of the tops 25 of the 2000s. Great lyrics too.

"Untie me. I've said no vows. The Train is Getting way to loud. I've gotta leave here my girl, get on with my lonely life. Just leave the ring on the rail for the wheels to nulify"

"Mercy's eyes are blue, and when she places them in front of you. Nothing really holds a candle to the solemn warmth you feel"

Dobler used to urinate on himself and wipe his hands in it to smear it in the D-linemens face...he'd jab people in the eyes...sucker punched Mean Joe Greene once...spit in players faces while they were on the bottom of the pile. He'd try to wrench fingers out of their socket...stomped on peoples hands...He was flat crazy...D-linemen were actually scared of this guy. He was probably insane, or close to it...

Imagine him in today's NFL? AHHAAAAA! Right!

Do the Shins still sell out every game? I now the Packers do and we do...all the way back to '67...here in Dallas you can buy season tix any time...LOL...like I'd want to... In Denver there's a waiting list of about 40,000...you have to have them willed to you by a relative who dies. What's the story in DC?

Oh yeah. We sell out AND have the highest capacity in the league (92,000). Don't doubt 'skins fans in this respect. We have showed up to watch themm, win or lose, for a long time. Our season tix waiting list was 70,000, last I heard.

Archived