Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Going to FedEx for the first time! Seahawks. Some questions...

Southtown

I finally get to live my dream and go see the Skins play at home! My friend does medical recruiting and a doctor hooked him up with some pretty good tickets. We're going to the Seahawks game next weekend.

Some questions:

1. How is the Courtyard New Carrollton hotel? We will be staying there on Sat and Sun night. Good area?

2. We have a purple parking pass. I assume we should drive to the game and not take the metro?

3. On Saturday when we arrive I want to hit a mall/store and load up on Skins gear. Where should I go that is relatively nearby my hotel?

4. On Saturday night we want to just hit a sports bar near the hotel and watch college football, where should we go?

5. The tickets are in Section 328 Row 1. Good view? I see on the map they are in the corner. What is the face value on these tickets?

6. After we park in the purple lot is there anywhere we should check out to tailgate?

7. Any other recommendations you can give to a Skins fan who will be hitting FedEx for the first time?

Thanks in advance to any answers you can provide. I'm so nervous with excitement I can hardly stand it!

Go Skins!

:cheers:

I finally get to live my dream and go see the Skins play at home! My friend does medical recruiting and a doctor hooked him up with some pretty good tickets. We're going to the Seahawks game next weekend.

Some questions:

2. We have a purple parking pass. I assume we should drive to the game and not take the metro?

Go Skins!

No, you should take the metro, and send the pass to me. ;-)

Some questions:

1. How is the Courtyard New Carrollton hotel? We will be staying there on Sat and Sun night. Good area?

Depends if you want a place to just sleep before the game it's fine. if you want to be around night life I would stay downtown or in Arlington, VA. Great nightlife and right on the metro for game day.

Yes...Purple is the closest to the stadium...be sure to park back end in and as close to the manin street as possible to get out easier

3. On Saturday when we arrive I want to hit a mall/store and load up on Skins gear. Where should I go that is relatively nearby my hotel?

4. On Saturday night we want to just hit a sports bar near the hotel and watch college football, where should we go?

Modell's will be the cheapes for gear...just ask the concerige at the hotel for the closest one. Redskins also have official stores in the area, the list is here :

http://www.redskins.com/store/

I think Wheaton will be your closest

Not sure about bars in the area...if you can hit downtown go to DC Chop House. As for the Chains try CHamps or Damno's. there is an ESPN Zone off the Metro center stop

5. The tickets are in Section 328 Row 1. Good view? I see on the map they are in the corner. What is the face value on these tickets?

Great seats they are in the club so get there early and stay late to see all the club has to offer. I believe Face Value is like $82 but they throw on a luxury tax that makes the value around $200. Only problem you may face is if you sect has pelxiglass in the first row...Sometimes they can be annoying. But if it's not there, you have one of th ebest views and a foot/drink rest.

6. After we park in the purple lot is there anywhere we should check out to tailgate?

There is a Budweiser Beer Garden between Gates F & G where there is always a part and live band. Be sure to check out the club since you have tickets. CHeck out the stadium guide:

http://www.redskins.com/fedexfield/stadiumguide.jsp

7. Any other recommendations you can give to a Skins fan who will be hitting FedEx for the first time?

You will love it, go through the tailgates starting at 9am and make friends. Check out the DTC at F51...always entertaining. Band will march around the stadium like 2 hours before the game. Warmups start around 1130 but the teams will take the fields around 1215. Then around 1235 the cheerleaders and and band start.

Have fun feel free to PM me questions

Go Skins!

You can check out the ExtremeSkins Tailgate also. I believe it'll be in the green parking area also. For the chicago game it was near F11 I think and wasn't far from the DTC tailgate.

I'll be there, green parking pass, and football fan seating in the upper deck. Hell, the parking pass almost cost more than the two tickets.

Some questions:

Thanks in advance to any answers you can provide. I'm so nervous with excitement I can hardly stand it!

Go Skins!

1. NO clue never stayed there, just have been to a few computer show and sales there :)

2. Do not take the metro, you have like a 2 mile walk from the new station just put in by the stadium! The regular metro bus's let out like ¼ of a mile from the stadium though.

3. The Stadium has a store but not sure if its open on non game days. heres a list of the Redskins Stadium stores throughout Maryland.

Maryland

FedExField 301-276-6680

Lakeforest Mall 240-632-8477

Montgomery Mall 301-365-6662

Wheaton Plaza 301-949-8808

4. I dont frequent that area much except for work, so i never want to stick around to find that kind of stuff, i just want to get home! :)

5. ANY seat in the Club Section is a GREAT view!!! They remind me of the upper deck and RFK (sigh i miss that place) Not sure of the face value...

6. See others post in this thread..

7. MAKE NOISE!!!! :) But not when we are on offense, some idiots just dont get it lol!

I stay at the Marriott in New Carrolton when I go to the games. I usually stay Sat and Sun night. I like it for a couple of reasons:

1) There are usually quite a few other Skins fans there.

2) More importantly, since you have a parking pass, you can drive backroads to the stadium (not difficult at all) and be there and back in about 6 minutes. One of the worst aspects of a game at FedEx (actually the only bad aspect) is the post-game traffic. If I choose to come home (to Conn.) after a game I will sit for 2 (sometimes 3) hours in traffic after the game. But when I stay at the Marriot I am back in my room within 10 minutes of leaving the parking lot.

Archived