Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Marshall's New Contract

Novato

Faulk was about to enter the fourth year of a seven-year, $45.15 million. An NFLPA source told SportsLine.com's Pete Prisco that the new deal is for $44 million, including a $9.3 million signing bonus. Faulk gets $2 million for this season, $3.7 million for 2003, $4 million for 2004, $5.7 million for 2005, $5.75 million for 2006, $6 million for 2007 and $7.5 million for 2008.

Perhaps Davis' contract could be similar to Marshall's

Here's the link to the complete story:

http://www.sportsline.com/u/ce/multi/0,1329,5561791_59,00.html

Normally I would say even as valuable as Stephen Davis is to the Redskins, he doesn't deserve as good a contract as Faulk, who I consider the most valuable player in the NFL. But these numbers seem pretty reasonable. I think Faulk was relatively generous taking this deal. I don't think Davis should get quite as much, but it would be ok if the 'skins paid him nearly that much. Maybe just knock down the signing bonus by about $1M, and knock off a total of another $3M off the yearly salaries. 7 years, $40M, $8.3M signing bonus.

Give S Davis a 6- 7 million dollar Signing bonus as long as it doesnt affect us extending Champ and Jansen.

Didnt read the article but last year it was reported the Rams were concerned about Faulk getting 9 million for next season which is similar to the issue we have with S Davis.

Archived