Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Citizen shoots youths for suspected drug sales

Funkyalligator

Citizen shoots youths for suspected drug sales

July 29, 2002 Posted: 10:17 AM EDT (1417 GMT)

BALTIMORE, Maryland (AP) -- A man was charged with a vigilante-style shooting after he opened fire on three boys who were said to be selling drugs while sitting on his front steps.

It was Baltimore's second triple-shooting in two days involving young people, police said.

Police said William Banks, 60, returned to his Baltimore rowhome just before 1 p.m. Sunday to find the three boys, ages 11, 15 and 18, sitting on his front steps. Police Commissioner Edward Norris said detectives were told the boys were selling drugs on the steps.

When Banks asked them to move, the boys became irate, yelling insults, said police spokeswoman Sheri Albrecht.

Banks went back inside his home, came out with a .38-caliber handgun and started shooting, Albrecht said.

By late Sunday, the 11-year-old had been released from Hopkins Hospital, and the other two boys remained in good condition, a hospital spokeswoman said.

"It's just a bad situation. It certainly doesn't justify a citizen taking the law into his own hands," Norris said.

On Saturday, a neighborhood dispute ended with the shooting of three people at a Baltimore playground.

I don't see anything wrong with this unless he was wrong.

I have a feeling he wasn't trying to kill the kids just hurt them and frankly they deserved what happened. Did you see the comment that one of the mothers of the kids said that justice will be served? That stupid f**king bi**ch if she would raise her kids right maybe this wouldn't have happened, I have no sympathy what so ever for her or her kid. I hope this guy gets a walk on everything except a illegal discharge of a handgun or something like that.

Archived