Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

would u trade ramsey??

dinzelwashington

I would trade the Giants to get Hasselbeck back as our backup, I thought he was decent. Not sure what we could get for Ramsey right now, cant imagine his value is very high.

I thought I was the only one who liked Hasselbeck. Granted he's no superstar but I thought he showed something

BTW just for the record :dallasuck

His biggest problem is that he takes to long in the pocket and hes too jumpy, and because of that he throws many interceptions, and i dont think he was that bad in the spurrier offense, but last yr and the beginning of this yr has been a nightmare for me to watch him on the field, so i say we trade him for a player NOT a draft pick

No way.

If you trade him now, you are one hit away from starting a rookie for the rest of the season. Gibbs can't let that type of decision put the team in that kind of a situation. The squad would go from potential contenders to rebuilding with one hit.

Plus, there are no quality vets available in free agency now that you could plug in as the backup and expect to win if they need to start.

It is better to ride the wave of hard feelings now and make a decision in March.

The best scenario for Ramsey and the Redskins is that, when Brunnell fails, Pat comes in and demonstrates that he is an NFL caliber starter. Then he's worth something in trade in the offseason.

There is no scenario that I can imagine where he stays with this organization given our cap problems and the fact that Gibbs has handpicked Jason Campbell.

The same has been said about every quarterback who played for a losing team. Give a QB pass protection, well-designed pass plays, receivers who run precise routes and can get open, and a coach who calls a smart game. THEN if he's inconsistent, you know it's his fault.

I think the same has been said about every Skins quarterback in recent memory. Throw 20 TD and they love you, throw one interception, and suddenly you're inconsistent.

If I'm a general manager, looking for bargains in personnel...shopping for mismanaged talent from losing clubs...I've got Patrick Ramsey flagged.

Exactly! Want to know why former Skins always become stars with other teams? Its because we shell out an arm and a leg for players like Brunell, while our homegrown talent gets marginalized and isn't allowed to develop (ie Ramsey never being given a full season to start with a good system and stable situation).

The best scenario for Ramsey and the Redskins is that, when Brunnell fails, Pat comes in and demonstrates that he is an NFL caliber starter. Then he's worth something in trade in the offseason.

Thats what I hope happens. And at that point, I'd rather just trade Brunell, but because of the cap, we're stuck with him until he's 50. Thanks Joe!

I would trade the Giants to get Hasselbeck back as our backup, I thought he was decent. Not sure what we could get for Ramsey right now, cant imagine his value is very high.

I don't know why everybody was so high on him in the firstplace. Didn't we lose to Dallas like 49-0 with him at the helm?

I think the same has been said about every Skins quarterback in recent memory. Throw 20 TD and they love you, throw one interception, and suddenly you're inconsistent.

Exactly! Want to know why former Skins always become stars with other teams? Its because we shell out an arm and a leg for players like Brunell, while our homegrown talent gets marginalized and isn't allowed to develop (ie Ramsey never being given a full season to start with a good system and stable situation).

how hard is it, to complete a pass with all the time ramsey gets in the pocket? and he still misses..hes in the nfl, hes suppose to be on point more than 52% of his passes... Or he's just not good under pressure. he wants competition, competitions is what he gets from brunell.. either you reduce the turnovers on gameday or you lose your job. period! gibbs indecisiveness has won 3 SB's, with 3 q/bs. dont you think gibbs knows what hes doing...

I don't think we should trade ramsey. And we haven't seen the last of him yet because when Brunell gets injured in like week 4 Ramsey will go in and start and play great because he will be auditioning for a new job and if he doesn't play good when he comes in then absolutely nobody will want him and he will be out of the league forever. If anyone picks him up after that he will be like 3rd string qb in like Arizona which is like witness protection program of the nfl.

how hard is it, to complete a pass with all the time ramsey gets in the pocket? and he still misses..hes in the nfl, hes suppose to be on point more than 52% of his passes... Or he's just not good under pressure. he wants competition, competitions is what he gets from brunell.. either you reduce the turnovers on gameday or you lose your job. period! gibbs indecisiveness has won 3 SB's, with 3 q/bs. dont you think gibbs knows what hes doing...

you over look one major point, it isnt 1991 anymore and Gibbs hasnt shown anything but Poor offensive scheme last year, poor playcalling, poor clock management, Poor decision to sign MB, poor decision to over compensate for CP (then later admitting Betts was better than he thought) frankly GIbbs has made alot more mistakes than successes since his return, if it werent for those 3 SB trophies, he;d be gone already. PR most cetainly does turn the ball over more, he also moves the ball more than MB could possibly dream of. When has JG ever let a QB stay in there an struggle while gaining experience? NEVER!! and that isnt likely to change when JC gets his chance. There is one major point everyone is overlooking. The things JG used to be the absolute best at (injury reserve stashing, motion, playcalling, etc) he cant do in todays NFL. heck he isnt even calling plays anymore, This coach isnt going to be able to take the Skins where we want to go unless someone figures out how to make it 1991 again! I know most here dont like what I just said and frankly I dont like it either, but it is unfortunetly how it is IMO.

As for trading PR? I think if JG has any of the integrity he requires from his players, after how he treated PR, he owes him that atleast, let him move on with his career with some other coach, willing to actually give him the shot when it is promised!

If he doesn't want to be a Redskins, then there should be a trade.l

If the Redskins don't want him, then there should be a trade. It's unfair to him, he has potential. He may never turn the corner but we will never know in this system.

you over look one major point, it isnt 1991 anymore and Gibbs hasnt shown anything but Poor offensive scheme last year, poor playcalling, poor clock management, Poor decision to sign MB, poor decision to over compensate for CP (then later admitting Betts was better than he thought) frankly GIbbs has made alot more mistakes than successes since his return, if it werent for those 3 SB trophies, he;d be gone already. PR most cetainly does turn the ball over more, he also moves the ball more than MB could possibly dream of. When has JG ever let a QB stay in there an struggle while gaining experience? NEVER!! and that isnt likely to change when JC gets his chance. There is one major point everyone is overlooking. The things JG used to be the absolute best at (injury reserve stashing, motion, playcalling, etc) he cant do in todays NFL. heck he isnt even calling plays anymore, This coach isnt going to be able to take the Skins where we want to go unless someone figures out how to make it 1991 again! I know most here dont like what I just said and frankly I dont like it either, but it is unfortunetly how it is IMO.

As for trading PR? I think if JG has any of the integrity he requires from his players, after how he treated PR, he owes him that atleast, let him move on with his career with some other coach, willing to actually give him the shot when it is promised!

1991? Our heyday was in the 80's.

Archived