Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

WHAT ABOUT PLAYING BOTH OF OUR QB's

318 SKIN

Here is a thought - Given that this situation is unique, with both of our QB's showing obvious strengths and weaknesses:

MB - great experience / lack of physical skills

PR - great physical skills / lack of experience

Why could we not try and take advantage of both of there strengths in the right situations. When the game needs to be managed, ie. critical situations, tight ball control games we play MB. When we need to score quickly or get chunks of yardage quickly insert PR. I know this is not a normal statagy, but given that MB and PR seem to really support each other and both have very different skills sets why not build on these strengths?

you think the offense can handle the change multiple times during the game like that.i mean i know brunell and ramsey arent polar oppisites but ones lefty ones righty, ones throws laser beams the other mediocre passes. i dont kno...interesting thought but i dont kno if a team can succeed through TAHT much change during the c oruse of a game.

Um.. Good notion but wrong league. Not in the NFL, that would be cause for disaster. The NFL is so tightly stacked talent wise that the key element is rythem. It would be hard to get in a rythem like that with constant switching. Although.. having Cambell come in on plays like QB draws, and bootlegs isnt a bad thought... Just look at Matt Jones in Jacksonville.. Great Fantasy guy I may add...

Great thought 318 skins

I think most QBs would tell you that they need to get into the flow and rhythm of a game and switching up would be tough.

Also, it's odd that the old guy is more mobile than the young guy. Just an observation.

Arm strength - at times I think it will be important to get big chunks of yards vs. run, short pass ball control offense.

There is no team chemistry on the field when the coach does that. It's like switching stters in the middle of a volleyball match, it screws everyone else up even if they have practiced with them. Good thought though.

I agree in theory, but in our situation I think the area that MB will struggle in is getting the ball down the field. In situations were we just can't sustain long drives by running the ball or using the short passing game - with the defense stacking 8 guys in the box and begging us to throw. I think that bringing PR in might be a nice change of pace - especially if we are behind.

im thinking of a man that tried this once and sent us fans through hell and back with ulcers, Steve...what was his name, spur...spurrier

I know - we've been there, done that, but maybe with Gibbs and the relationship between PR & MB it could work. Botton line I think no matter where you stand it's apparent that both QB's have weaknesses that can be fatal at times.

Just like last week when Ohio State played Texas. Yeah no thanks.

I don't want to keep saying I know, but if we are going to go with MB there will be times when we are down or if the D is forcing us to go down field that we may not have a chance, period. Conversely, in a tight game we may want to manage it with MB.

FYI - There is no greater fan of PR than myself.......

I don't want to keep saying I know, but if we are going to go with MB there will be times when we are down or if the D is forcing us to go down field that we may not have a chance, period. Conversely, in a tight game we may want to manage it with MB.

FYI - There is no greater fan of PR than myself.......

True. Ok i'll take it.

Super idea!

The QBs could practice their specialties during the week with the appropriate personnel thereby doubling the value of practice time.

It would mess up the rhythym? We're not talking dancing here.

Chemistry? This is football. Define "chemistry" as it applies to football.

It would give defenses fits preparing for us.

Good creative idea (That's why it won't happen).

Super idea!

The QBs could practice their specialties during the week with the appropriate personnel thereby doubling the value of practice time.

It would mess up the rhythym? We're not talking dancing here.

Chemistry? This is football. Define "chemistry" as it applies to football.

It would give defenses fits preparing for us.

Good creative idea (That's why it won't happen).

I think the way it sounded PR handled the demotion - This seneraio could happen naturally given the right situation.

I've seen it one time in the NFL!! And it worked slightly with the Steelers in a watered down AFC Central with Stewart and O'Donnell.. But how did this even become a topic for discussion? Atlanta didnt even try that with the ultimate runner Vic and a great arm in Chandler during Vic's rookie year.

IT WONT WORK !! :doh1:

I think the way it sounded PR handled the demotion - This seneraio could happen naturally given the right situation.

Maybe, but Gibbs' hasn't demonstrated this kind of creativity before. This is the guy who thinks that tweaking his 1982 offense will get the job done.

My hope was that Joe would come in, put Patrick in the shotgun, and have him rifle 20-30 yard passes until his tongue hung out. We didn't even use the shotgun at all last year.

Archived