Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Sept. 16: Joe Gibbs

Die Hard

To Coach Gibbs:

I wanted to know why the skins can play a mojority of a game and not score and then go into a "hurry up offense" and march right down the field throwing quick 10 yard passes out of bounds and quick running plays and score......and why don't you incorperate a little more of this into the games at an earlier stage..... than when we get into more of a desperation type situation.........hopefully we won't have to get into too many of those situations this year ......but i think you get the idea of what i'm trying to say......thank you........

I still upset with the change in quarterback. I don't understand how you can lose your job without doing anything to deserve it. I am sorry I just like all of us love Joe Gibbs and have wanted him back since he left, but I feel that he is wrong this time.

I watch the games every week on my dish from Florida, and I feel a lot more confident and excited when Patrick is in the game, the offense is quicker and looks more efficient. Futher, the passing game is much more vertical when he is in the game as opposed to Brunnell, all his decisions seem to be short passes and when he tries to extended the ball down the field the ball floats. If you need any evidence all you had to do was watch the game on Sunday, Patrick was moving the offence and would have lead a scoring drive if not for another bogus call against the Skins.

I think that the team is going down a dangerous path, because what if Brunnell is ineffective how much confidence will Patrick have in the coaching staff if he gets put in, or will the coaches try JC (I hope not).

Patrick gives us the best opportunity to win and it is clear that the team feels the same way, just watch the difference in energy when Patrick is in there. That is just my two cents, any thoughts from fellow fans.

dllama

PS will boycot the hall of fame until Art Monk is rightfully voted in!!!!

I was wondering how Jason Campbell was progressing and if you think he has what it takes to lead the team at some point? Would you consider throwing him into the fire if Brunell and Ramsey don't give you what you are looking for out of the quaterback postion?

Coach Gibbs -- I can't recall ever being more disappointed about a Redsking coaching decision than I am by your benching of Patrick Ramsey. In your announcement Monday, you stated that this was a move that "had to be made," as if it were a matter that had been eating at your for some time. However, the season was less than two quarters old when you made the decision, which hardly seems long enough to give Ramsey a fair shake. It's hard to avoid concluding that you simply used Ramsey being shaken up toward the end of the first half as an excuse to yank him. How can this be a decision that "had to be made" when from every indication going into the game you were committed to having Ramsey as the starter?

Coach Gibbs: I understand your desire to not commit turnovers after the last few seasons in which we have had a pitiful turnover ratio. What i do not understand is why you have decided to go with Mark Brunell? Patrick Ramsey has had a different scheme to learn each of his first 3 years in the NFL. Nobody has given him a legitimate shot at earning the starting position until this year. Now he is benched. Why did you give up on him? His smarts will come with playing in REGULAR season games in a system he knows for more than one year. His arm strength is there and so is he ability to stand in the pocket.

To Coach Gibbs:

First of all let me say I for one have complete confidence in what ever decision you make you are always have been and always will be the best coach of the Redskins. My question is how often do you want to look at some of the media and laugh in their face for asking such mundane questions with the only thought in their minds is stirring up controversy or anger food for the opponents like “What do you think of the Cowboys defense?” PS I miss your characteristic chuckle that I have notice has been missing the last few weeks. “Hail to the Redskins” :dallasuck

Skinsfan1971

AKA Wayne

Will Jason Campbell get a chance to become the starter now that we all know Ramsey will never have a chance, and since Brunell stinks? Wouldn't it be a good idea to get the kid learning everything and getting all the mistakes out as soon as possible that way we will have a good QB sooner as opposed to later?

Coach Gibbs:

First off Thank You for the time given to answers questions from us die hard Redskin fans. I can remember as a young kid in the early to mid 80's when I first started watching football. I choose to root for The Redskins. At the time is only because that had cool uniforms. I as am older now I still love watching them play every chance I get. Not much here in Texas though. My question is this. I get so fustrated with how the Offense will get a drive going only to have 2 - 4 penalties and kill the drive and the momentum. What is your plan to remedy that this year?

Devoted Redskin fan in the Heart of Texas

Chris:dallasuck

Coach Gibbs,

Every year since Mr. Snyder purchased the franchise, it seems as though the coaches were almost puppets for Mr. Snyder. For example, getting the players that he wanted, rather than the players they wanted. Has Mr. Snyder in any way hindered the way in which you coach? Has he given you the freedom you need to get us back to the Superbowl?

Hi, thank you for the chance to ask Coach Gibbs. I'm a mexican fan of the 'skins since 1980, so you will understand my excitement when I learned about Joe Gibbs return to the team. I know that it's only a matter of time for us to get back to top and be a winner team again.

I want to say about the QB situation, that you, sir, has always been the best at seeing in a QB his hidden talent, we just have to remember that season when Jay take the team almost all the way to the playoff, and then, you decided to put Doug Williams as the starter and he gave us the most thrilling Super Bowl in history with 35 point in a single quarter. So I will not even pretend to make a judgement about your decision, I will only support it and encourage you to keep working so this team get back where it belongs.

Now, my question, although I have million of them, is about do you believe the team as it is now, is ready to play and win playoff games? I mean, if the case be, you will enter confident with the team as it is now to a playoff game, as you did it in '82, '83, and so?

Well just one more thing, please BEAT THE COWBOYS DOWN!!!!!!!!!

Thanks again, for coming back and for talk to us. Really.

Hello Coach Gibbs: I have an idea for you. Ladell Betts and Rock Cartright are a couple of tough guys who can run over people. What if you started those two backs against a team until near the end of the first quarter, or until the other team's defense gets winded, then stuck Portis in the game in fresh as a daisy with his speed. He would be really tough for a tired defense to stop don't you think? Tonerman

Joe,

Don't you think we are kind of thin at receiver with Brown gone now? Cutting McCants and Dyson seems to be risky given T. Jacobs continuing health problems. How long can we tie up a roster spot waiting for Noble's knee to heal, didn't the team learn from the Barrow situation last year? How long can we hold on to John Hall with his continous injury problems??

Archived