Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Sept. 9: Dan Snyder

Die Hard

Originally posted by BigDaddyShoo

Mr. Snyder,

The Superbowl selction committee has been, in recent memory, consistent in choosing cities in which adverse weather conditions are less likely to occur during late January/early February or choosing cities which have domed stadiums. What, in your mind, are the necessary steps to legitimately lobby the league and media in general so that a Superbowl may one day be played at FedEx Field?

~Shoo

Follow up: (Now that I've heard of the skins' revenue increase over the last 6 years)

Mr. Snyder,

Given that the Redskins are, entirely because of your superhuman marketing skills, one of the most profitable franchises in all of sports, would you consider installing a retractable roof over FedEx Field so that a Superbowl, unquestionably the single most anticipated game in all of American sports, can come to D.C.?

~Shoo

Originally posted by BG

To Mr. Snyder (shameless brown nosing aside) This might not fly well and I doubt Mr. Snyder will want to say much on this, but here goes:

1. Do you think some of the hostility you have encountered through the media is due to the fact that you are one of the youngest owners in the NFL?

2. Need another racketball partner?

Originally posted by zoony

DS:

Thank you for taking the time for questions

1. What is the status with the Ring of Fame from RFK? I heard there have been attempts to get it put up in FedEx.

2. Who, in your opinion, are some of the great football owners around the league and why?

Thanks

Originally posted by TODD

A College Football magazine recently interviewed Steve Spurrier. When the topic of his two-year stint with the Redskins was broached, Steve said he knew it was time to leave Washington at the beginning of his second season when "he couldn't choose his own back up quarterback...the owner chose."

The ExtremeSkins interviews with Vinny Cerrato and Karl Swanson incinuate the contrary. Mr. Cerrato insisted that "Dan takes no say so in the player moves. He gives it all to Coach Gibbs."

Mr. Swanson told us, "Dan Snyder is the least meddlesome boss I’ve ever worked for ... He says where he wants the program to go ... but then he has people that work for him and it’s their job to do it."

Mr Swanson also stated that, "[Dan] doesn’t believe he can coach this team better than Joe Gibbs can."

Is Mr. Spurrier being dishonest or hyperbolizing that situation? Or have you narrowed your boundaries as an owner since hiring Coach Gibbs?

Originally posted by LivestrongSkins

Mr. Snyder,

As a business major myself, I would like some advice on what you feel it takes to prosper in the business world. Congratulations for having such a successful career at such a young age.

Originally posted by Tommy-the-Greek

To Mr Snyder, What have you learned from Joe Gibbs about building and maintaining a football program that you will use to the benefit of the franchise for generations to come?

Originally posted by Tokeydog

To Mr. Snyder:

Does it bother you, being a life long Redskins fan, that there are media heads and die-hard fans that do nothing but complain about how they percieved you to make a mess of the Redskins organization, when in honest you are doing nothing different than any other owner who wants to see their team succeed?

Originally posted by bnacpa

Dan Snyder:

Many different business leaders, such as Sam Walton, believe(d) that the best way to build business with the customers is to truly understand the customers. As such, they would visit every store and go through the experience of the business from a customers point of view rather than from their corporate view. With that in mind, have you personally sat in the Partially Obstructed View seats to evaluate the fan's game day experience during a game for any length of time? Will you consider putting yourself in the shoes of the fans so that you can better experience what many of your fans experience on game day?

Originally posted by SkinsLover

Three part question to Mr Snyder:

A) I personally love our stadium, BUT the Jumbotrons are embarassing. Its sad to have to use binoculars from the 400 level to see a players number who is on the jumbotron. Is there any chance for an upgrade in the near future?

B) Also from the 400 level viewpoint, the audio is horrible. Im sure its because our fans are yelling so loud, but even when the crowd simmers down, you can barely understand the penalties being explained on the field or when the announcer is saying some thing.

C) Not to sound greedy, but we fans wait a long time for Redskins season tickets and pay a good buck for them. I miss the days of getting little freebies when you come to the stadium, the little budweiser flags a couple years ago were cool magnetic pic frame etc..... How about a towel or something to wave around in the air? Give a little back to the fans.

On a positive note, I have been to other stadiums, and I think the parking is about as smooth as it can be getting 90,000+ fans into a stadium, I think the food is decent for the price you pay, and Kudos to you for getting our beloved Coach Gibbs back to the Skins. And if TO becomes available during the year, please resist. And thank you to the Redskins for recognizing the best Redskins fan site on earth.

Originally posted by rdsknbill

To Mr. Snyder:

I have been coming to Redskins games since the age of four (1970)

That being said

Does it bother you that you took a stadium that the previous owner built, with great love, and turned into a Corporate shell?

Thank you in advance

Originally posted by wskin44

Mr. Snyder;

In the current CBA negotiations is consideration being given to making it easier to trade players who have a long term contract that included a large signing bonus?

There are situations when both a player and his current team would benefit by a trade, but the accelerated cap hit prevents any possibility. It would seem that both the players and the teams would want more flexibility.

Some of the features might include:

1) Player would have to agree to the move.

2) Cap hit for previously paid bonus stays with original team, but continues to be pro-rated over original contract term.

It could be called the Laverneous Coles clause!

Originally posted by gridironmike

Question to Mr. Snyder:

Frustration has grown over the past few years with Art Monk's absence from the Pro Football Hall of Fame. In addition to Monk, greats from the past like Chris Hanburger and Jack Kent Cooke also get no HOF consideration. The Ring of Honor is nice, but a Redskins Hall of Fame outside of FedEx Field would solve a glaring problem. With your marketing acumen and reverence for the franchise, have you considered building a Redskins Hall of Fame?

Originally posted by themurf

Dear Dan Snyder,

What do you have to do to shed the scouting report that says you're a troublesome billionaire owner that has done nothing but hurt the team since you became owner?

I know I'm not the only one who is tired of seeing the story on ESPN or in Sports Illustrated.

Thanks,

- murf.

Originally posted by BigDaddyShoo

Mr. Snyder,

Recent news outlets have reported your interest in purchasing Six Flags. In my 20 years of living in the DC Metro area, I've experienced that park as both Wild World and Adventure World prior to its current moniker. While no one questions your business acumen, what are some of the things you envision for the park should you acquire it?

Originally posted by roqnap1

After attending the first game this season, I have to ask Dan Snyder:

Why are the majority of the concession prices up $1 from last year, yet the quality seems to have gone down?

5000th post! Question for Mr. Snyder:

In December of 1999, it was reported that you had purchased the rights to an Arena Football League franchise. The team was to be named the Warriors and wear uniforms that resembled the retro uniforms the Redskins wore in 2001. In April of 2003, you made the last payment on this AFL franchise. In October 2004, the trademark for the "Washington Warriors" expired. Do you plan on fielding an Arena Football League franchise in the next three years?

Question for Snyder:

As an out of town fan(Sacramento, CA) are there any plans in the works or has any thought been giving to something for road games to give the out of town fan a special experience, a so-called "Redskins fan" experience for when the team comes to town. I personally always attend the Skins' games when they come around, and would like maybe in the future to explore the possibility of maybe having autograph sessions or some type of festivities the day before gameday or just some type of event the day before. It is such a treat for us out of towners to be able to see the Skins come to town, however I must say we do sort of feel left out not being able to live in the local hometown, and have the oppurtunities such as attending training camp and preseason activities.

Question for Mr. Snyder:

In the past, season ticket holders were not required to purchase pre-season games. Waiting list members were given the opportunity to purchase those games. Given the fact that fans cannot expect to see starter-quality football for four quarters, have you ever considered dropping the requirement that season ticket holders purchase pre-season games? If not, would you consider reducing the price drastically?

Dan, do you realize the image of the Redskins has became a negative one by other teams fans and Redskins fans since you took ownership of the team? What are you going to do to change the negative image of the Redskins as being a team that over pays its players and as a team that is "Daniel Snyders Fantasy Football Team".

Archived