Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

An appology ...

bedlamVR

...of sorts .

I was one questioning Gibbs integrity, questioning the value of his word because of his treatment of Ramsey and on refelection I think I over reacted and would like to appologise. I don't know the full situation behind what Joe said to Patrick and yes Qbs do get benched all the time it is a hazard of the job BUT...

The responce some "fans" on here in saying I'm a "****" or not a "true fan" and "not welcome here" really starts me qustioning the community here .

I have been a Skins fan since I was 9 and given I was born and grew up in the UK and have only been to the states twice in my life you can say I wasn't born into it . I have suffered through lack of coverage constant jibes about my prefered sport, let alone my team and yet stayed loyal to the bugandy and gold for 21 years . That dosn't give me a free pass to be critical of the Skins and the FO for no reason or question the personal traits of any of the coaches but it doesn't stop me from being disapointed.

Personally when Joe came here again I thought wow, we don't just have a new HC we have the HC :notworthy

Personally I was behind Joe all last year and I used to think it is just a matter of time before he brought that magic back to the Redskins. Now I start to think it is an IF not a WHEN Gibbs will be able to do that.

Personally I think he has treated Ramsey very poorly . Yes Ramsey is a pro footballer not a child but I just think all Ramsey needed was some time to build confidence and he could have been a great quaterback . I feel cheated because we are never going to see Patricks true potental, I feel let down because of the way this has been handled . Why not just say in camp that the QB possition was up for grabs and have a real competition for the starter position? Why give up on a guy and all the chemistry you have been trying to build over the last X months after 20 minutes into the regular season ? Why put us back 12 months in terms of development ?

I was wrong to question Joes integrity but am I wrong to question his decisions ?

...of sorts .

I was one questioning Gibbs integrity, questioning the value of his word because of his treatment of Ramsey and on refelection I think I over reacted and would like to appologise. I don't know the full situation behind what Joe said to Patrick and yes Qbs do get benched all the time it is a hazard of the job BUT...

The responce some "fans" on here in saying I'm a "****" or not a "true fan" and "not welcome here" really starts me qustioning the community here .

I have been a Skins fan since I was 9 and given I was born and grew up in the UK and have only been to the states twice in my life you can say I wasn't born into it . I have suffered through lack of coverage constant jibes about my prefered sport, let alone my team and yet stayed loyal to the bugandy and gold for 21 years . That dosn't give me a free pass to be critical of the Skins and the FO for no reason or question the personal traits of any of the coaches but it doesn't stop me from being disapointed.

Personally when Joe came here again I thought wow, we don't just have a new HC we have the HC :notworthy

Personally I was behind Joe all last year and I used to think it is just a matter of time before he brought that magic back to the Redskins. Now I start to think it is an IF not a WHEN Gibbs will be able to do that.

Personally I think he has treated Ramsey very poorly . Yes Ramsey is a pro footballer not a child but I just think all Ramsey needed was some time to build confidence and he could have been a great quaterback . I feel cheated because we are never going to see Patricks true potental, I feel let down because of the way this has been handled . Why not just say in camp that the QB possition was up for grabs and have a real competition for the starter position? Why give up on a guy and all the chemistry you have been trying to build over the last X months after 20 minutes into the regular season ? Why put us back 12 months in terms of development ?

I was wrong to question Joes integrity but am I wrong to question his decisions ?

Dude, no need to have to explain yourself. This is (after all) just a chat board. As for the Ramsey decision, well Joe knows what he is doing (after all, he is getting paid to make decisions). I too would have liked to see Ramsey start this year, however, I am not a football coach, just a fan.

As for the comments by other fans, Don't worry about them man. You are you and nobody can change that. Just let the comments fly off of your back and drive on. After all, if somebody needs to resort to name calling on a message board, they need to grow up.

HTTR :cheers:

Archived