Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

More at play w/ Ramsey?

StevieInferior

With the talk of Ramsey's friends on the team being upset that their boy ain't starting, I thought i would share something I noticed at the Cincy preseason game. After Patrick threw the first INT in the red zone, I noticed four players looking at Ramsey in disbelief; Cooley, Raybach, Samuels, and Thomas. Raybach was looking at Ramsey shaking his head with his hand on his hips. Thomas just threw his hands up looking at Ramsey. At the time I didn't think of it as anything more than players on the team just POed at a play gone wrong. Also yesterday, the Bears had the Redskins covered well on a third down. Brunell scrambled and threw the ball Out of bounds. I saw Royal, of all people, run up to him and slap him on his ass. I doubt it was a flirt either.

But now I am thinking that part of Gibbs' decision may have been influenced by what he preceived to be some frustrated players on the team from mistakes that shouldn't come from a 4th year QB. Was it because they want Brunell? I am not saying that and don't know. But the coaches see a lot more than what is going-on on the field and there maybe more at play than simply his play on the field. Neither us nor the media would know this and if anyone were to leak this info. to the media to make the decision look good, they should be fired.

One thing is for sure, this decision makes or breaks the season. I just don't see how you can go to Pat without an Injury. if Brunell flounders, we will have to ride him out and then put in Jason when the season is lost.

There's more at play than Gibbs said at the press conference. No doubt about it.

Mark Brunell didn't play badly or well against the Bears. He certainly didn't play well enough to take the job from another player. Gibbs isn't a man to talk a player down in public. But, you have to believe frustration at Ramsey's inability to simply NOT kill the team have to be the primary reason for this.

The illegal hit on Ramsey that caused a fumble should not have happened not because the hit was illegal, but because Ramsey has the read on that to get rid of the ball. He CAN take a sack. He can throw it away. He can't turn it over doing neither. He can't stand in the pocket for an hour and take a sack and fumble on another play. There has to be a belief that he simply makes too many mistakes to be a viable option.

When Gibbs dialed the offense back he couldn't kill us. Open it up at all apparently the feeling is he can.

Archived