Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Compare Ramsey's Play To The Rest Of The League...

...over their last five games of last season.

NFL.com, in their pregame summaries, gives the stats and performance of individuals and teams over the last five games...here's Ramsey's stats, then for comparison's sake, the stats of other QBs over that same timespan (wasn't able to do Kerry Collins or Tom Brady since they played last night, and I left off QBs like McNabb and Vick since their playing time over the last five games was dictated by having already made the playoffs):

Patrick Ramsey

102/149

68% completion rate

1013 yds

7 TDs

4 INTs

91.9 QB rating

Drew Brees

84/124

68% completion rate

1079 yds

8 TDs

4 INTs

102.9 QB rating

Ben Rothlisberger

64/103

62% completion rate

1033 yds

5 TDs

5 INTs

91.6 QB rating

Carson Palmer

106/153

69% completion rate

1217 yds

12 TDs

8 INTs

97.3 QB rating

Trent Green

122/184

66% completion rate

1539 yds

12 TDs

7 INTs

98.1 QB rating

Matt Hasselbeck

113/169

67% completion rate

1325 yds

11 TDs

5 INTs

99.8 QB rating

Byron Leftwich

71/134

53% completion rate

815 yds

5 TDs

3 INTs

74.7 QB rating

Eli Manning

69/130

53%

667 yds

5 TDs

5 INTs

64.5 QB rating

David Carr

69/199

58% completion rate

789 yds

4 TDs

5 INTs

71.7 QB rating

Jake Plummer

93/167

56% completion rate

1338 yds

5 TDs

9 INTs

69.4 QB rating

Kyle Boller

88/166

53% completion rate

920 yds

6 TDs

4 INTs

71.4 QB rating

Joey Harrington

93/192

54%

1116 yds

5 TDs

5 INTs

71.8 QB rating

Is Ramsey really deserving of being seen in the media as only a slight upgrade over someone like Orton??

the Redskins were 3-2 in their last 5 games and the team continued to play hard for all 16, which we didn't see under Spurrier or Turner.

the Redskins losses during that stretch were close, 17-14 to the Super Bowl Eagles, and 13-10 the Cowboys, a game we lost in the final minute of play.

I think what Ramsey proved during that run was that he could manage a game without making the killer mistakes he had been prone to do before.

That is what made Gibbs commit to him as the starter for 2005.

Now Ramsey is being asked to expand his repertoire and throw not only to the backs and tight ends and wide receivers short, but also to get the ball down the field.

What he has now that he did not have in 2004 are receivers with sure hands and an offensive line capable of keepin him upright.

Portis being up to 223 is going to help us out in pass protection. Safeties aren't going to be able to run over #26 as they did at times last year.

I still think it is amazing that Portis can run a 4.4 even after gaining all that extra weight in the offseason.

He is a truly gifted athlete.

I look for him to step up to post the kind of numbers Ahman Green did a couple of years ago when he had 1,700 yards rushing with another 70 catches.

No doubt Portis is that talented.

The interesting story is that the trade that was immediately written off as favoring Denver I think is now going to swing back towards the Redskins.

Bailey didn't play as well in Denver in 2004 as he did here in his best years. And the story on Tatum Bell (the back Denver got with that #2 pick) has yet to be written.

Thanks for the report. But as damaging as these comparisons may be to the talking heads who dismiss him and the fans who have lost faith in him, it will all come down to Sunday.

Sincerely, I'm hoping after 4:15pm Sunday all Redskins related water-cooler conversations are consumed with playoff talk. Because that would mean we won in a dominant fashion and Patrick played well.

Thanks for the report. But as damaging as these comparisons may be to the talking heads who dismiss him and the fans who have lost faith in him, it will all come down to Sunday.

Sincerely, I'm hoping after 4:15pm Sunday all Redskins related water-cooler conversations are consumed with playoff talk. Because that would mean we won in a dominant fashion and Patrick played well.

Here - Here

:cheers:

Archived