Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Help with getting to Fedex Field and parking

footballhenry

Ive been going through my options, mostly through the Redskins website. Im traveling from the Shenandoah Valley sunday to Fedex Field and just trying to map out the fastest most efficient route to take. From what I understand Ill have to go to a cash parking lot ($25?). Figured Id ask for some assistance from my fellow ES'ers:) Thanks in advance. :notworthy

Cash Parking isnt bad, except at the end of the game, ridin in the Shuttles back, cuz they are PACKED. I dont know if you are planning on tailgating, but it wouldnt hurt to get with somene on this board and sein if you can hook up with them in the FedEx Parking lot, see if you can throw them money for beer, food, etc.... I think the easiest route for you would be 66 e to 495 toward baltimore (careful, the springfield interchange is nasty if you dont pay attention) and follow that on up till you see the signs for the cash parking.....Good Luck!

Ive been going through my options, mostly through the Redskins website. Im traveling from the Shenandoah Valley sunday to Fedex Field and just trying to map out the fastest most efficient route to take. From what I understand Ill have to go to a cash parking lot ($25?). Figured Id ask for some assistance from my fellow ES'ers:) Thanks in advance. :notworthy

Go to the Apollo lot (exit 17 B off 495).....seems to be better with Porto-johns, available parking near the buses and slightly less lines. Shuttle will drop you off near the stadium. If you're in the upperdeck, make sure you head to the escalators past the Hall of fame store and Will call.....much better than walking the ramp.

Cash Parking isnt bad, except at the end of the game, ridin in the Shuttles back, cuz they are PACKED. I dont know if you are planning on tailgating, but it wouldnt hurt to get with somene on this board and sein if you can hook up with them in the FedEx Parking lot, see if you can throw them money for beer, food, etc.... I think the easiest route for you would be 66 e to 495 toward baltimore (careful, the springfield interchange is nasty if you dont pay attention) and follow that on up till you see the signs for the cash parking.....Good Luck!

Thanks guys...

The site says : I-495/I-95 North to Exit 15A (Central Ave. East), to Harry S. Truman North, turn right on Lottsford Rd. Follow to Arena Drive.

Whens a good time to leave? Mapquest said Im about 1 hour and 40 minutes away from there (starting from Front Royal).

Another option is Landover Mall parking. Last year it was only $15. Then, you can walk to the stadium, slightly less than a mile. Or you can hitch a ride from somebody turning left at the long red light at Landover Rd., towards the stadium.

Take beltway to Landover Rd., exit towards DC. Bear right into the mall.

Archived