Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Is Theismann Off?? Think About This...

bigyim

I listened to the Dan Patrick interview, & Theismann made some good points, but he forgot an important comparison.

I have seen 2 trendy picks for the playoffs among ESPN "analysts" resurface again and again...the Ravens and the Bills.

Do you see ANY reasonable difference of why these 2 teams should be considered "better" in any category than the Skins? Similar stout D, same franchise RBs, coaching stability, possible questions at QB...

Oh, yeah, the Ravens and Bills are in the "Better" conference...while the Eagles are the only solid target in the NFC, these 2 sweetheart teams have to fight the Colts, Steelers, Pats, Chargers, etc. to get a playoff spot.

Does this make sense to you? Me, either.

Looks like a tough sched, but I think 10-6 this year...and anything can happen in the playoffs with Gibbs at the helm.

Maybe I'm too much of a homer...but, that's what this sit is for, right? :silly:

My 1st Extremeskins post,

Bigyim

Good first post! Nice to have you aboard.

I agree with your post, but I also agree with Henry. The fact is that we just haven't won much recently, so until we show we CAN win, people won't feel comfortable picking us.

It's time to earn the accolades. On paper we do look pretty good, but the team has to show the killer instinct to put a team away early and the resilience to fight back and steal a win. Do that and the media will sing a different tune.

I listened to the Dan Patrick interview, & Theismann made some good points, but he forgot an important comparison.

I have seen 2 trendy picks for the playoffs among ESPN "analysts" resurface again and again...the Ravens and the Bills.

Do you see ANY reasonable difference of why these 2 teams should be considered "better" in any category than the Skins? Similar stout D, same franchise RBs, coaching stability, possible questions at QB...

Oh, yeah, the Ravens and Bills are in the "Better" conference...while the Eagles are the only solid target in the NFC, these 2 sweetheart teams have to fight the Colts, Steelers, Pats, Chargers, etc. to get a playoff spot.

Looks like a tough sched, but I think 10-6 this year...and anything can happen in the playoffs with Gibbs at the helm.

Maybe I'm too much of a homer...but, that's what this sit is for, right? :silly:

Bigyim

Nice post.

I agree...we should be considered in a better light, particularly when one thinks the Ravens and Bills will be good.

If we get some consistency in officiating, we should do very well.

Bigyim

The Ravens atleast should be considered better because they are coming of back to back winning seasons. On paper probably not, but winning on sunday is more important than winning on paper. As far as the bills go, I think they'll struggle.

Archived